cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking the Balance Gift Card not Found

When trying to check the balance of my gift card I get the message "ops, that isn't right. Please enter your gift card's 13-digit code.Oops, we can't find a gift card with that number. Please check your 13-digit code and try again."  Why does this happen?Oops, you've checked your balance too many times. Wait a moment and try again.Oops, balance checker is not av

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Checking the Balance Gift Card not Found

Probably because someone stole the money out of your account. Never ever ever buy an Ebay card. There security procedures stink.  Ebay allows automatic activation of your card at check out and does not refund any of your money that can be stolen by anyone, including an Ebay vendor, who has the last seven digits of your card. Ebay security for their cards stinks, and the only way to get them to stop practicing shoddy security is to quit buying their shoddy cards. Instead use a gift card that requires validation separate from the checkout transaction, and choose a card that is backed by an institution that will refund your money if fraud that is no fault of you own has taken place.  I am not making this up, it comes directly from a chat exchange that I had with Ebay that verified Ebay's practice of not verifying cards before a singly transaction can take place. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply