cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do i find the cost of my shipping label

After selling an item and purchasing a label to ship it, where in an API can I find how much I paid for my shipping label?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@chiefrob 

This may not be the answer which you seek; but I always find the cost of my shipping labels on the Seller Hub page, under "Payments."

Click on "Payments," and you'll be taken to "Your financial summary," then click on "All transactions."  Then click on the appropriate item for which you are seeking the shipping label cost, and click on the blue "order number."

On the right hand side of your "Order details" for that item, you'll see a column for "What you earned," and in that column you'll find the cost that you were charged for the "Shipping label."

Sorry I can't help out with the API -- maybe someone else can address that.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi @chiefrob 

You can execute the getTransactions call of Finances API to get the details on shipping label transactions.

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hello developer_support@ebay 

Thank you for the getTransactions API, however, when I use this, it gives me the price of the total labels purchased in a bundle of labels, not individual labels purchased for individual items.

Is there a different way to get the label cost per item purchased?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

developer_support@ebay  I am also looking for an answer to this question.

It seems it was previously possible using GetSellingManagerSaleRecord call, however this has been deprecated and can no longer be used.

After 45 minutes with the API explorer, I cannot find a call that returns the cost of an individual shipping label purchased as part of a bulk purchase on eBay.

The only workaround seems to either not using the bulk shipping label purchase flow, or use the logistics API to purchase shipping labels.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

developer_support@ebay I am also looking for answer to this question. I do not have access to the logistics API, and unsure of those calls would allow me to return the price paid for an individual label from a bulk transaction. The user flow for my application requires the user to use the bulk ship page on ebay, so I am unsure of how to go forward. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I am also looking for an answer to this question as the finance api does not provide an answer to this developer_support@ebay

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

developer_support@ebay

I'm joining in on this with everyone else, this is a massive blind spot in your API and has been for years.  I don't understand how you can't provide us with the shipping cost that we paid through the site for order.  It's clearly in your backend somewhere because it'll show us through the website GUI.  This is the one truly useful field we all need yet it's never provided, but we get hundreds of other fields to pull the output from that are much less important.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi, I was wondering if you had found a solution or a workaround for getting the shipping label cost?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply