cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final value fee cap

Currently under managed payments, there is no final value fee cap. If not using managed payments there is a $350 cap.

If I sell a $15k watch, with managed payments, there will be a $600 fee.

Why should I not just go back to non managed and only pay $350?

eBay, please put a fee cap for managed payments.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Final value fee cap

Once you are in MP there is no going back to paypal so that option is out.   For ebay to put a cap on MP fees would mean a loss of revenue for ebay and ebay will never do something like that.  That option is out also.

Finally, I would never even consider selling a $15K watch here.   There is just way too much risk.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Final value fee cap

Anonymous
Not applicable

@majestic_watches wrote:

Why should I not just go back to non managed and only pay $350?

Because you can't. Did you read the agreement when you changed? Probably not.

"After your eBay account is enabled for Managed Payments, you will not be able to revert your account to its original non-Managed Payments state."

https://pages.ebay.com/payment/2.0/terms/#article-6

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Final value fee cap

Assuming, you sold a $15K watch ... I don't see any reason for you to worry about $250. If it heats you that much, add to the price of the watch. Increase your price to $15,250

Is it expensive to do business on eBay? Yes

Does the Sh.t sells on eBay? Yes

Are they charging sellers very competitively? Yes 

... Maybe your prices are low. On your listing, OMEGA Seamaster, you're at the edge. Your price is close to used ones and the venue says the watch is brand new 

Give yourself a price hike, we are at the Post COVID era. Times have changed, brother    

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Final value fee cap

Guess I missed that part when switching over, suppose I will have to live with it.

I would of said that about a $15k watch my self some time ago, but the authentication process has been a godsend. Protects us sellers from some schmuck claiming we sent them a brick.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Final value fee cap

Thanks for your advice, I will have to revisit my pricing.

I have always been a quantity seller, over making max profit. IE I was selling 3x Speedmasters a week, yes I was the cheapest listing, and yes I was only making $500 per. But it kept them moving.

When I refer to a $15kish watch, speaking on Rolex specifically, Sub, GMT, etc. The profit margin on them is already so low to begin with, that extra few $100 going to eBay fees does make a difference. Sure I could just tack an extra $250 on the price, but it will move my listing out of the hot zone.

To be honest, I think id rather take a hit in profit and keep them moving, then waiting for max $$.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Final value fee cap

Cuz eBay needs the $$ more than you do.☹️

Message 7 of 7
latest reply