cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompleteSale does not mark orders as shipped and no tracking is inserted

Hi, I'm using CompleteSale API for many years and nothing was changed in my app for a very long time, but today suddenly no records are updated on eBay and my orders stay as "awaiting shipment", not marked as shipped and no tracking number inserted. I checked the API response and no errors are returned all come back with Ack "Success". I now tried to make manual update directly on eBay pages, with same data as sent with API and it works no problem. Can somebody help or check?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @classical-lps  @faby-76 

For the Shipped field,  True or TRUE is not a supported boolean value as the possible input values for the field are true, false, 1, and 0.

You should use the shipped field as "<Shipped>true</Shipped>" or "<Shipped>1</Shipped> in the request

API Reference: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/types/simpletypes.html#boolean

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, I have the same problem and if you mark the shipment with the tracking number from the eBay backend (console sellers), then you later make the CompleteSale API CALL again, the shipped status and tracking number disappear again from the orders (previously marked as shipped).

The issue started yesterday 03/05/2024

I had to manually enter over 400 Shipments and Tracking by Hand.

UPDATE Solution Workaround:

I found a workaround, I deleted the following fields from the completeSale APICall
<Shipped></Shipped>
<Paid></Paid>
and all the Tree <ShipmentLineItem></ShipmentLineItem>

Magically it works now

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, very helpful, I was about to start experimenting today, but wanted to hear from somebody in the developer's team first. I see @shipscript is with us, great, can you please confirm this issue is now identified and will be fixed?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

OK, I now checked in my app, I don't even use these 2

<Paid> - obsolete these days, when eBay does everything money-wise

<ShipmentLineItem> is optional and I'm not sure what it does (because lines on one order will be populated with provided tracking details automatically). But I see it's required if you use global shipping program

So the only one I had is <Shipped>, set to True, removed it as per @faby-76 finding and records on eBay get updated now. So I guess if others have the same issue try with removing <Shipped> tag first?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes, and I hope it continues to work and cause no problems.
Also because there is no official statement of the issue

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi @classical-lps  @faby-76 

For the Shipped field,  True or TRUE is not a supported boolean value as the possible input values for the field are true, false, 1, and 0.

You should use the shipped field as "<Shipped>true</Shipped>" or "<Shipped>1</Shipped> in the request

API Reference: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/types/simpletypes.html#boolean

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi developer_support@ebay 

Yes, you're right, but the problem was that for 10 years up to now it has always worked even with the value "True" 😄

So going to find the possible problem or cause and receiving a Success response, without warnings was very laborious

BTW Cheers 🍺

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks developer_support@ebay for stopping by and helping with the issue

Also thanks for reverting functionality back to what it was before the change, not because of @faby-76 or me, we solved it already, but for many sellers who are possibly using third party apps, had same issue, but didn't know about it, before eBay starts recording them a faults for not shipping within defined time-frame.

I just checked, it works again with value True, as before. And changed it to true afterwards.

Again, thanks all!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply