cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More head scratching FedEx to a PO box

Why can't ebay get this figured out?

Large heavy items I ship with FedEx, it was the only option I offered. Zero feedback buyer buys item and gets to select FedEx shipping even though FedEx will not deliver to them.

Why is ebay STILL letting buyers with PO boxes buy items that have only FedEx shipping?

Makes me nuts.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I know I can select don't ship to PO boxes but I don't care if you have one UPS and FedEx do.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I know I can select don't ship to PO boxes but I don't care if you have one UPS and FedEx do.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

Why can't ebay get this figured out?

Why is ebay STILL letting buyers with PO boxes buy items that have only FedEx shipping? 

eBay did.

teth_1615_0-1715796395268.jpeg

You just have @monster-deals to do the did.

When the seller puts a PO Box address on a UPS or FedEx shipment, the carrier mails a postcard to that address.

-- If it's never picked up, eBay closes any INR without a refund, and the seller wins.

-- Then the shipment is returned to the seller at the seller's cost, and the seller loses.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@teth_1615 wrote:

eBay did.

Except they didn't

Just makes ebay sense.

you have to shake your head and laugh

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

UPS and FEDEX will ship to a PO Box if the address of the post office is on the label.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

UPS and FEDEX will ship to a PO Box if the address of the post office is on the label.

This is a formal process which USPS calls "Street addressing."  The PO Box holder has to fill out a special form, and then use a specific format, not the regular "PO Box" entry, as their address.

https://www.usps.com/pobox/customer-agreement-for-premium-po-box-service-enhancements.pdf

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I was trying to ship using UPS with an eBay label and I couldn't do it, I finally looked at the address and It was a PO Box, my only choice was USPS.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply