cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a signed hockey jersey but received a pair of glasses...what to do next?

So I bought a signed hockey jersey from a US seller (I paid $300.18 cdn for it and duties and taxes to DHL of $67.94 cdn).  I already messaged the seller today about the wrong item.   What is the next step for getting my jersey or a refund and will my duties and taxes be automatically refunded to me or do I have to contact DHL separately?  First time I ever had a problem getting something from the US on ebay.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Returned as item not as described an claim...see what seller does..and I wouldn't email seller anymore.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi @sun2202 . You need to file a return request.

Instructions here: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

Was this an eBay International Shipping (eIS) package? If so, eBay will handle the return, not the seller.

Any customs fees paid outside of eBay is something you'll have to file for reimbursement directly with Canadian customs. Any broker fees you'd have to contact DHL to see if those fees are eligible for refund.

eBay will refund you only for funds paid through eBay.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Adding to my above post @sun2202 , if the jersey was purchased from Game Day Legends, it was definitely an eIS shipment. It appears the listing offered the choice of paying duties upfront or upon delivery. No idea which option you selected.

As I said earlier, any fees paid through eBay will be refunded by eBay.

Any duties/taxes not paid through eBay you have to get back from Canadian customs.

Any fees paid directly to DHL you have to get back from DHL. DHL may not refund brokerage fees, but you can try.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes it was through ebay international shipping but taxes and duties were outside of ebay to DHL might have to eat the loss on that.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You might take a loss on DHL broker fees, but you should be able to get the duties/tax refunded from Canadian customs.

Check this page @sun2202 . It links to the form you have to fill out.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/crp-prio-eng.html

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Requested a return for refund and received a label from Ebay for return shipping. Just have to figure out the customs refund form. Thanks for all the help!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Any time! Good luck - hope the process goes smoothly for you.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@sun2202 wrote:

Yes it was through ebay international shipping but taxes and duties were outside of ebay to DHL

Requested a return for refund and received a label from Ebay for return shipping.

Thanks for all the help! 

Well played! You'll get a courtesy refund (of your payment to eBay) and your seller gets away.

eBay handles returns

Your sale is complete when your item arrives at our domestic shipping hub, no matter what. If the buyer opens a return, eBay issues refund at no cost to you. All returns communications are handled for you.

Though if eBay accuse you were reshipped a signed hockey jersey, but returned a pair of glasses @sun2202 please update?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

How was the OP played? If the eIS hub mistakenly swapped the labels on 2 packages that's an eBay error, not a seller problem. Seller appears very reputable - not trying to get away with anything.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Seller appears very reputable - not trying to get away with anything. 

Item as described, shipping arrived on time, great seller A+++++

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That is for a jersey I actually received the seller of the jersey I didn't get has a 100% positive rating from 612 feedback.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@sun2202 wrote:

@teth_1615 wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Adding to my above post @sun2202 , if the jersey was purchased from Game Day Legends, it was definitely an eIS shipment. 

@wastingtime101 wrote:

How was the OP played? If the eIS hub mistakenly swapped the labels on 2 packages that's an eBay error, not a seller problem. 

Seller appears very reputable - not trying to get away with anything. 

Item as described, shipping arrived on time, great seller A+++++

That is for a jersey I actually received the seller of the jersey I didn't get has a 100% positive rating from 612 feedback. 

Yes exactly, you wouldn't have left an "Item as described, arrived on time, A+++++" feedback for the wrong item seller. But we like wastingtime.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply