cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There eyes on your item? Go for the sale?

Since Ebay won't allow you to reply to their constant pestering with this "gimmick" here's my reply.

Look dummies.... the final value fees are too high for me to lower my price or offer free shipping. So, bug off already.

(oh, and BTW- quit mucking with the format of the various pages. If you're bored go read a book or take a walk.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I agree this makes no logical sense at all.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

If they could stop wasting time sending these Lower Your Price, Eyes on your item and Look in your cart prompts and think of something creative to send to watchers instead it would be so much more productive.  How about ¨Several other people are have eyes on what you are watching so grab it while you can.¨  Also I wish they would not add the make offer button to my listings.  

I wish there was an unsubscribe button for this nonsense.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

What a Great idea! Pester the folks who are watching our items. Some may have been watching for 3 days or 3 weeks. A little pressure to let them know they aren't the only ones interested. Anything to get these nasty robocalls out of our in-boxes.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Well, if they are going to use that exact phrase, the least they could do is get someone with English as a first language to write their copy.  Smiley Surprised

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Oh, yeah, I forgot.  Sorry.  That isn't taught any more. 

Never mind, nothing here to see.  Move along, move along.  Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@lastade* wrote:

If they could stop wasting time sending these Lower Your Price, Eyes on your item and Look in your cart prompts and think of something creative to send to watchers instead it would be so much more productive.  How about ¨Several other people are have eyes on what you are watching so grab it while you can.¨  Also I wish they would not add the make offer button to my listings.  

OOps,  I meant ¨Several other people have eyes on what you are watching so grab it while you can.¨  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I agree - Ebay should spend the time & resources to message the WATCHERS & potential buyers - NOT the sellers.

if Ebay wants to focus on lower pricing....offer buyers a discount that comes out of EBAYS POCKET...not the sellers.

Ebay: Focus on bringing BUYERS to this site. period. that's it. just focus on that! (that is why we pay fees to be here ... we list the stuff, you bring the buyers)

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If ebay sees that you are making a dime, they want a quarter.  If they are going to pester us to give all these discounts, they should give the sellers more discounts for their service.   They seem to forget they are nothing without sellers.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@lastade* wrote:

If they could stop wasting time sending these Lower Your Price, Eyes on your item and Look in your cart prompts 

These messages are automated. The only time being wasted is yours 🙂

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I get these constantly and of course, I want to immediately SPAM my possible buyers.

If any seller did that to me, I would boycott them.

I don't need a bunch of messages just because I looked (eyes on) at something.  Most of the time it is while I am researching an item to get a price for to list.  That gets me lot of eBay messages asking if I'm still interested or that it ended.  Often while I have the same item listed for sale.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@lastade* wrote:

Except I know the truth. 

I have 50 plus items on my watch list. 1 or 2 a month might actually sell. There are things on my watch list that have been there 6 months with no sale. 

There are things that I want, but that seller is crazy. I have it there to remind me to do a search and see if someone comes along cheaper I'll buy that. Recently had an item on my watch list that the seller wanted $199.99. Waited and won it at auction for $12!

Why should I jump and buy any of them? I'm watching them to see if they ever lower there price. That's the only way these people will likely make a sale.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@acarosel wrote:

Since Ebay won't allow you to reply to their constant pestering with this "gimmick" here's my reply.

Look dummies.... the final value fees are too high for me to lower my price or offer free shipping. So, bug off already.

(oh, and BTW- quit mucking with the format of the various pages. If you're bored go read a book or take a walk. op

I just replied to this same topic this morning  by another OP . So I'll just say  I don't contact watchers  offering  them   lower bargain prices  because IMO doing so just  makes  sellers  look desperate . Good sellers who have quality items , provide good customer service  at fair prices  do not need to chase down buyers . If I wanted to become an annoying telemarketer  then I would ,, but I don't . Tulips 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Some people might be watching, but not purchasing listed items, because they can't make it past seller settings that restrict certain buyers (too many unpaid item disputes, located in a country the seller does not ship to, seller does not accept the buyer's preferred method of payment, etc.) No amount of price lowering is going to result in a sale to such watchers. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply