cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Items in carts now make the sale"

Every once in a while Ebay sends a message encouraging sellers to lower their prices because "someone is eyeing it" or "it's in someone's cart."

Here's my suggestion;   Lower your final value fees first Ebay

Asking me to lower my price is not helping me make a profit. Why don't you lower the darn 10% with the 5% add on from Paypal first?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I just ignore the message, nothing says you have to comply to it. Most times people are just window shopping anyway.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It's just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it.

I get those from time to time, and from time to time I will lower the price of an item, especially if it's one that I've had listed for a while. Sometimes I get a sale, sometimes I don't. I'm here to make money, and my COGS are low enough that a 5% price discount isn't going to break the bank.  It gets an item off the shelf and money in the bank. That's what it's all about.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Delete.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Some build a bit of wiggle room so they can offer a small discount in these situations, some just ignore.  Your call, and may great sales be yours!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Here's my suggestion;   Lower your final value fees first Ebay

I see your point, and that would be great, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I ignore those. If someone has my item in their cart, they must be pretty serious about buying it. Watchers on my items could be other sellers, but those who put my items in their carts are likely buyers, so why would I lower my price when they might pay full price in the end?

https://bio.link/langs
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It could also be that buyers are putting items in their carts, just hoping to see a lower price show up.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Ebay is trying all sorts of "gimmicks" because sales on Ebay are dwindling.

This is a gimmick thought up by some bored employees in California or India. They have all day long to sit and think of a way to make Ebay a few dollars and calling it an "enhancement."
Message 9 of 9
latest reply