cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you accept the return in this case?

I sold a bracelet cuff, the type where you put it on by sliding it over the small side part of your wrist. I listed the measurements and everything in the listing and in the photos. The buyer is requesting a return because it doesnt fit and claims its a little girl's bracelet?? I have a 7.5 inch wrist and am a man and it fits big on me. Would you all just accept the return and move on? They clearly either don't know how to put a bracelet on or they don't like it and are just saying anything to return it....

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Have you read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers? ALL sellers need to study it carefully so that they know what a buyer's options are on eBay.

There is no such thing as accepting a return.  If your buyer opens an item not as described case, you, the seller, will be required to send him a prepaid return label, and also to refund in full when you receive the returned item back.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@iqyb7272 wrote:

I sold a bracelet cuff, the type where you put it on by sliding it over the small side part of your wrist. I listed the measurements and everything in the listing and in the photos. The buyer is requesting a return because it doesnt fit and claims its a little girl's bracelet?? I have a 7.5 inch wrist and am a man and it fits big on me. Would you all just accept the return and move on?

Yes. Just accept the return and refund when it comes back. I was not able to find your Sold listing, but it sounds a little like Buyer's Remorse if you already listed the measurements and whatever other details that would have applied for that bracelet.

There's some possibility that the buyer might be fishing for a refund without return (you didn't say how much money is at stake here), but if you sold it once, you should be able to sell it again.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@iqyb7272 wrote:

Would you all just accept the return and move on? 

Yes.

@iqyb7272 wrote:

The buyer is requesting a return because it doesnt fit and claims its a little girl's bracelet??

If the formal reason filed with the return is "not as described" claiming you sent a kids size, then declining the return means eBay will force the situation and you'll get a defect and forfeit the fee credit. Don't let that happen.

If the formal reason filed with the return is "doesn't fit" then buyer pays return shipping (unless you offer free returns) and it's a standard remorse return.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@iqyb7272 wrote:

Would you all just accept the return and move on? 

Yes.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I would definitely accept the return, otherwise ebay will refund them it they file a not as described return.  They can also do a chargeback on their credit card and you will lose the money from the sale and they will not have to return the item. I am sorry this happened to you.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If they claimed does not fit and you advertise seller does not accept returns, then you should be able to deny the return. But you could receive negative feedback. 

The buyer can chargeback the transaction from their Credit Card and then you would lose both the item and the money. If it is expensive,  that could hurt.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 7
latest reply