cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terapeak Research

I sold the following in June of 2023 but I cannot find it on the Terapeak list.

Lionel Post War 6464-100 Western Pacific Box Car O Gauge 1954-55

I have tried numerous combinations of Keywords in the title ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Terapeak Research

Was this product in a multi-quantity listing that is still listed for sale now? 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@lakefor94 

No, it was a single listing sold Auction format.  I created the listing from a Template for Lionel box cars that I have.  

Regards,
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

Terapeak Research

@wastingtime101 

Yes, that is it but it should be on Terapeak too ... 

Regards,
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

Yeah, I know. For whatever it's worth, I've seen inconsistent results with Terapeak lately.

I suggest tagging the eBay reps and give them the item number & sale date to pass to the Terapeak team. Or multiple item numbers if you have more examples.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@mr_lincoln,

I can't find it on Terapeak either. I found the listing in a cached page; the sale date was June 10, 2023.

One thought ... was there any dispute on this transaction? Any return started? Any kind of irregularity?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

I was searching for something I sold last year on Terapeak and it is not there.  

Here is the listing title: Lionel Post War 6464-100 Western Pacific Box Car O Gauge 1954-55

Here is the original eBay item number: 334894302262

Sale date was June 10, 2023

Sold amount = $ 910.00

Format: Auction

I tried numerous searches using different keywords from the original title.  Nothing returned that item on the list of sold items.  The best results I got was using this for the search

Lionel 6464 100

I am rather curious why it does not appear on Terapeak?

Regards,
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@mr_lincoln,

I can't find it on Terapeak either. I found the listing in a cached page; the sale date was June 10, 2023.

One thought ... was there any dispute on this transaction? Any return started? Any kind of irregularity?

@lacemaker3   Correct, June 10th was the sale date.  No return on that item.  No issues on the transaction.  I issued a partial refund for a Shipping Discount.  Printed the label through eBay (not that it matters).  

Regards,
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

Thanks for that info, @mr_lincoln,

That rules out my first guess. I'm still just trying to think of possibilities here. Do you have any other examples where you gave a partial refund?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Thanks for that info, @mr_lincoln,

That rules out my first guess. I'm still just trying to think of possibilities here. Do you have any other examples where you gave a partial refund?

@lacemaker3 

Here try these two, both had partial refunds for shipping discounts, one shows up the other doesn't:

LIONEL Pre War 265T Gun Metal Gray Tinplate 8 Wheel Tender 1935-40

LIONEL 6-17604 Lackawanna Standard O Woodside Illuminated Caboose OB MINT 1986

Regards,
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@mr_lincoln 

OK, that's weird. I can't find either of those on Terapeak, searching with the exact title. Which one did you find, and what keywords did you use?

I couldn't find the first one at all.

Searching on Bing, for this title:

I found this listing, which ended 9-22-2023 but did not sell (and should not still be available, after more than 5 months, but is):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIONEL-6-17604-Lackawanna-Standard-O-Woodside-Illuminated-Caboose-OB-MINT-1...

Which was relisted but the relisted auction is not available (to be expected, as it would be almost 5 months old). I can't find this one on Bing, so I can't tell if this was sold or not. Was this the one that sold?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335041056468

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@lacemaker3 

Yes, "weird" is an apt term.

This one I found, it sold over the weekend.  Used the full title:  

This one I could not find with the exact title or other variations of it:

Hopefully someone will shed some light on this for us.  I wonder if items sold on Offers are not returned in Terapeak either?

Regards,
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@lacemaker3 

Yes, "weird" is an apt term.

This one I found, it sold over the weekend.  Used the full title:  

OOPS! My bad. I did find that one, but I didn't twig that it was yours because it showed up under your store name, not your user ID. I thought that was another seller's listing.

This one I could not find with the exact title or other variations of it:

Hopefully someone will shed some light on this for us.  I wonder if items sold on Offers are not returned in Terapeak either?

Normally, items sold to a best offer do show up on Terapeak. That's what it has been most reliable for ... showing how much the actual sale price was, when an item sold to a best offer.

But ... ebay has been making a lot of changes to offers recently. Maybe something has unexpectedly started interfering with some offer-sales being transferred to the Terapeak database?

What kind of offers were they?

• standard, old-fashioned best offer?
  • seller initiated offer?
  • offer sent through an eBay message?
  • seller accepted an offer, but it turned into a counter-offer for the buyer?
  • something else?

That first auction you asked about, the one that ended June 10, 2023, that wasn't an offer-sale was it? The cached page showed there were a whole lot of bids on that one.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Terapeak Research

@mr_lincoln wrote:

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

I was searching for something I sold last year on Terapeak and it is not there.  

Here is the listing title: Lionel Post War 6464-100 Western Pacific Box Car O Gauge 1954-55

Here is the original eBay item number: 334894302262

Sale date was June 10, 2023

Sold amount = $ 910.00

Format: Auction

I tried numerous searches using different keywords from the original title.  Nothing returned that item on the list of sold items.  The best results I got was using this for the search

Lionel 6464 100

I am rather curious why it does not appear on Terapeak?

Hey @mr_lincoln! Let us see if we can have someone from that team take a look and we will let you know if we hear anything back from them!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 15 of 18
latest reply