cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Defect penalties on eBay when eBay relists again! Can't get the item to stop relisting!

I have removed now three times an item that was sold. If you do it on the phone app whether android or iphone it comes back as an active listing.

Ridiculous technical support at eBay.

Sellers penalized for putting out of stock.

Add this to the list of complaints lodged by United States Attorney Generals office and the offices of each State Attorney General.

Seller defect rate cannot be legally impacted by eBay and it's failed technology.

Once again another tab that needs to be updated for Sellers. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Seller Defect penalties on eBay when eBay relists again! Can't get the item to stop relisting!

I do not need a canned customer service response. We need actual seller support.  Many States are pursuing legal action against marketplaces online. eBay is one of those marketplace platforms to face State and Federal scrutiny. 

Issues: Seller Defect rates

Issues:  Forcing sellers to ship prohibited by State Law items to buyers who blatantly refuse to comply with State and Federal laws.

Taxation without representation, if you are on eBay that is called no seller support at the live level just stupid canned choices, and in some cases no appropriate ones.

Helped many eBay accounts since 2004.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

what makes you think some one from ebay will even read this???

Try positing it in the technical section .....

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Don't you check your own listings regularly to make sure everything is accurate?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I would also like to add...if this listing gets re-listed just use the out of stock feature and set the quantity to zero and leave it. It can't get re-listed if it has not ended.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@fishgeekut9 wrote:

Many States are pursuing legal action against marketplaces online. eBay is one of those marketplace platforms to face State and Federal scrutiny. 

Which states?

What legal action is being pursued?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Defects can be removed if they are a direct result of an eBay site issue or an eBay program error. 

This forum isn't eBay seller support or eBay CS, but you can try sending a polite message to eBay for Business on Facebook at the below link and they’ll take care of it - include your name, eBay account email address, and zip code. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Incidentally, if this happens again - instead of cancelling the order using the 'Out of stock' option, you can just use 'Problem with buyer address' and you won't have to worry about defects. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@fishgeekut9 wrote:

I have removed now three times an item that was sold. If you do it on the phone app whether android or iphone it comes back as an active listing.

I have read enough posts about the mobile app on this board that would never use it. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Have you checked your "defaults" on your APP.     Could be that you have automatic "restocking" turned on.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply