cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Return scam - start a return , fake tracking number, don't ship, open case in 10 days, REFUND

This is a new one to me but it's ridiculous that the buyer got a refund:

Step 1: Buyer ordered two apple watches then opened a return request. 

Step 2: Buyer entered a bogus tracking number

Step 3:  10 days go by.  Still no scans on the bogus tracking number.  I'm about to open a case to have it closed out (had to wait 7 business days). 

Step 4:  Buyer opens a case first.

Step 5: EBAY ALLOWED THE REFUND AND CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $700  - WHAT THE?!?

I already appealed the case but why didn't the rep handling the initial case bother checking to see that the return tracking number has absolutely NO tracking history?  UGH I don't need this stress right now..

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

New Return scam - start a return , fake tracking number, don't ship, open case in 10 days, REFUND

Very sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you reported the buyer and put them on your blocked list. Ebay needs to remove these type of buyers from the site, ban their IP address and use ALL their identifying information on file to prevent them from opening another account, EVER!

If you have the serial numbers for the two watches try reporting them to Apple as stolen so they can block both from being activated. It is worth a try. Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I just figured out a missing step.  The buyer when opening a case switched the return tracking number to a new one that they actually did ship to a completely different address in the same zip code.  I've gotten documentation from the USPS showing that the item was shipped to a Wells Fargo Bank at a completely different address.  

This is a well-refined scam and if anyone on Ebay is looking at this they really need to take a deep look at this buyer's account.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Very sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you reported the buyer and put them on your blocked list. Ebay needs to remove these type of buyers from the site, ban their IP address and use ALL their identifying information on file to prevent them from opening another account, EVER!

If you have the serial numbers for the two watches try reporting them to Apple as stolen so they can block both from being activated. It is worth a try. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply