cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll health and running and eBay shop

I've been selling on eBay for I think about 12 years. I got into it because of poor health, a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed. Out of them 12 years I've probably not worked three of them, at one point I ended up with Sepsis on ICU in a induced coma for 2 weeks, they only gave me a 20% chance of survival and I spent near on 4 months in hospital.

Anyway with everything that's going on, I've had to close the shop and self isolate, now I normally ship items the same day before 2 (like a good little seller) but obviously I can't do that at the moment and I'm getting a bit skint, that with the fees today didn't help. Anyway my partner who just happens to be a nurse doesn't work Fridays and we were talking and she says she can do a drop at the P/O on Fridays for me.

I'll be totally honest, I'm not really very technical when it comes to altering thing, what I want is to only do 2nd class with shipping one day a week. Obviously 1st class, Special delivery and shipping to Europe would have to stop with customers knowing I only ship one day a week, I believe most customers will understand especially at these times.

My problem is I don't know how to go about it, also with a proven track record will eBay keep my fees the same  even though I won't be hitting my Power Seller status?

It's a tough one.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Your question would be best answered on the UK boards:  https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

Here in the USA, our shipping is different, and our fees are not tied to Power Seller status.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

For starters one thing you might want to do is change your handling time to 7 days.   Of course, you can ship sooner  at times but at least you are covered on your shipping performance evaluations.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 3 of 3
latest reply