cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For sellers - My experience as a buyer with Best Offers this week

I have been shopping for fall clothes. I like to buy here to help out small sellers. So I sent an offer to a seeker, they countered and I accepted. All good.

While shopping I add for sure and maybes to my watchlist. I woke up this morning to probably 20 offers from sellers. So the new process is definitely being used. Most of them were for things I decided not to buy but I digress.

As an informed EBay buyer of 20 years, the seller offer system is very hard to use on the app. The offers only show up in the offer message. If you go to the listing there is no sign the seller sent an offer or what it was. When I go to my watchlist there is no sign of any offers. It makes it very hard to compare 20 to 30 items when I have to do backflips to see the price and information at the same time.

im on record as being unhappy because this seems to be a race to the bottom. However since using the system full on this week, I don’t think it will work as well as it could in the current very frustrating implementation.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Some sellers have been posting here about no success with seller offers and I think this may be a big reason why

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It's the same on my desktop, the watched listing does not show that there is a time limited offer for me. It seems if I purchased from the watched item in my list, and not from the offer in messages, that they discount would not apply.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I have been shopping for fall clothes. I like to buy here to help out small sellers. So I sent an offer to a seeker, they countered and I accepted. All good.

While shopping I add for sure and maybes to my watchlist. I woke up this morning to probably 20 offers from sellers. So the new process is definitely being used. Most of them were for things I decided not to buy but I digress.

As an informed EBay buyer of 20 years, the seller offer system is very hard to use on the app. The offers only show up in the offer message. If you go to the listing there is no sign the seller sent an offer or what it was. When I go to my watchlist there is no sign of any offers. It makes it very hard to compare 20 to 30 items when I have to do backflips to see the price and information at the same time.

im on record as being unhappy because this seems to be a race to the bottom. However since using the system full on this week, I don’t think it will work as well as it could in the current very frustrating implementation.

Because youre looking at this new system, like the old offer system. It's not. It's just a small addition, to give a little boost. It's just meant to give buyers a notification. It's not as concrete as you're wanting it to be.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I don’t think I’d be very happy if I used the BIN to buy something then later found that the seller sent an offer and I could have paid less.

This system is totally unworkable for anyone watching more than a few similar items.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I don’t think I’d be very happy if I used the BIN to buy something then later found that the seller sent an offer and I could have paid less.

This system is totally unworkable for anyone watching more than a few similar items.

Buyers aren't happy because of their own fault, all the time. Hell, I've had the exact same scenario you just described, happen. I gave them an offer. It's on them to see it. Why would I want them to use the offer, rather than pay full price? I send offers out of desperation, not because I WANT to sell at those prices.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Agreed, the offer should be tied into the watch listing. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You should want your buyers to be happy. If you don’t want them to pay your offer then don’t send one.

once again I am trying to explain to sellers why the offers may not work, giving clear instructions for how eBay could make it function better for everyone, yet someone comes along and blames buyers.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Do you also blame buyers when EBay doesn’t show them all their buying options before they pay? This is just a different situation where eBay is causing trust and  transactions to break down. Not intentionally in this case.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply