cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not refunding seller fees

I got caught out with refunding cancelled orders.
I put up a notice saying we were closed but some buyers don't read the add properly and still order.
If I simply refund the buyer from here then Ebay or is it Paypal don't refund the seller fees.
Typical money grabbing tactic.
Now if it's the customer cancels the order I believe the fees are refunded.
The other issue is that as I don't have an Ebay shop (too costly for my modest turnover) I can't place an "on holiday" type notice.
This means I had to alter all 50 or so listings. That or cancel the lot then spend days re-writing them in a few months. Nowhere to save old adds.
Does ebay allow for out of stock notices / warnings? I think the add simply disappears and you often don't realise for weeks or months. You'd think that an automatic alert of low stock could be generated. Selling on 3 platforms it can be tricky keeping tabs on everything
A real PITA - Etsy lets me do both, no problem. I just hate the way Ebay manipulates it's sellers.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you had listings — then are you “not closed”

if you are not not able to ship, pull the listings until you return. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

and still attract ebay fees with no income,  after ebay suggested holidaying stores,  a lot in the UK got caught out with that trick. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If I simply refund the buyer from here then Ebay or is it Paypal don't refund the seller fees.

If you file a Cancellation via ebay for "out of stock" I believe you do get your FVF credited but you also get a defect on your seller metrics.

Without a store subscription, it is best to simply END your listings if you don't wish to sell.  Those listings will then appear in your Listings > Unsold and you can relist from there within 45-60 (I forget which) days without having to recreate those listings from scratch.

You are located in the UK, and this board is on ebay.com, the USA site, so my comments above may differ from how ebay works in the UK.  I suggest you return to your home site and ask on your discussion boards.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Since you don't have a Store subcription, you are listing your 15 current items for free.

No listing charges.

If you close them they will go to your Unsold List for 90 days. No one can buy them and there will be no FVF when there are no sales.

You can relist the items when you are comfortable with shipping.

If you had a Store, you could put your 100- 10,000 items On Vacation and make them invisible.

When you are comfortable with shipping again, you can relist your items.

Your Store subscription ($7.95- $350.00 monthly) will continue to be charged while you are "on vacation" .

There is a system.  You can't make up your own system and expect to have it honoured.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply