cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claimed item was defective. I refunded them immediately. No item back. What do I do?

Buyer claimed item was defective 16 days ago. I assumed I was to refund their money immediately and did so the same day. Ebay charged me for buyer's return label. I don't see where item is coming back. 

What do I do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer claimed item was defective. I refunded them immediately. No item back. What do I do?

You could have approved the Return and not refunded until your item was back to you, but if you've refunded the buyer already, they may not have an incentive to return the item to you. The label will be credited to you if it's never used.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Once you refunded, it closed the case and the buyer wouldn't have access to the shipping label.

If the label isn't used, you won't be charged for it.

Contact the buyer and ask them if they'll return the item if you send them a prepaid shipping label.

Even if you send them a prepaid label, there's no guarantee they return the item.

They already have their refund, so they have no reason to return the item.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You have shot yourself in the foot, refunding before you received the return.

Hopefully the item was inexpensive enough that it was only the little toe which was damaged.

Chalk it up as a learning experience.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The buyer might be willing to return it if you get the shipping money to them. You should always read the policies before making any moves on here; you don't have to refund until the item is back in your hands. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: