cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping calculator is not working for buyers

My future buyers can't calculated shipping  cost  error code "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code." #332553972439 - 232664821461 and meny more my items

Elizabeth
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I looked at the 2 numbers you provided and correct the shipping can't be calculated 
Did a fast view of  other items and went through a few pages that all show shipping prices & some with free shipping, but since you have over 7K I didn't go through every page.

What I see with the 2 item numbers you posted are size , are the shipping services different for these 2 items ? Are they UPS or Fedex

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@labs118wrote:

I looked at the 2 numbers you provided and correct the shipping can't be calculated 
Did a fast view of  other items and went through a few pages that all show shipping prices & some with free shipping, but since you have over 7K I didn't go through every page.

What I see with the 2 item numbers you posted are size , are the shipping services different for these 2 items ? Are they UPS or Fedex

we only ship via priority mall and yes all the size are correct, i did spoke with ebay rep. i spend more then 2-3 h on phone and i did make brand new listing as they sugest and the same thing hapen, they told me we will fix the problems. now i have potential buyers on some of my items and they can't carculate shipping

Elizabeth
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I see 
it's just that with those 2 items it didn't show me a shipping carrier like all your others that are working.
Working  shipping items screen shot shows USPS carrier & service as Priority

elizabeth shipping 2.JPG

Not working shipping shows no service so had no idea what you are offering
with that said are you sure you can offer Priority mail with the size of these packages?
Is that maybe the issue ?

elizabeth shipping.JPG
https://www.usps.com/ship/preparing-domestic-shipments.htm
Maximum Size. The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. Standard Post pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices).

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I get this exact error message, but I also get other shipping costs shown, because I list four service types, so three of the four get shown and Priority Mail is not shown. For me, and I definitely think it's the problem for you too, is that the item is too large to ship via Priority Mail, but for some reason eBay accepts it as a valid shipping method when listing the item, but not when then calculating shipping. If / when I find a listing of mine that shows this, I will include a screenshot.

Anyhow, please make sure that for your items, the length plus the girth ( girth is 2 times the width plus 2 times the height) is not exceeding 108 inches. For USPS Parcel Select, it's up to 130 inches. Changing the dimensions (if they are wrong or can be packed in a smaller box) or changing the service to Parcel Select should solve your problem.

Also, make sure the weight is not over 70 lbs, though I am pretty sure the size might be the problem.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The "Valid ZIP Code" error message shows up when the problem is actually something else, including when shipping calculator parameters are impossible, such as a weight over 1 pound for First Class packages.  So I agree that the most likely issue here is a length-plus-girth over the 108-inch limit for Priority Mail.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

As above if the size exceeds the Priority limits it will throw a zipcode error.  I've also seen it reported and it turned out the seller had not entered a package size.  It's not supposed to matter if the item is < 1 cubic foot, but apparently it can cause issues to leave it blank.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@labs118wrote:

I see 
it's just that with those 2 items it didn't show me a shipping carrier like all your others that are working.
Working  shipping items screen shot shows USPS carrier & service as Priority

elizabeth shipping 2.JPG

Not working shipping shows no service so had no idea what you are offering
with that said are you sure you can offer Priority mail with the size of these packages?
Is that maybe the issue ?

elizabeth shipping.JPG
https://www.usps.com/ship/preparing-domestic-shipments.htm
Maximum Size. The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. Standard Post pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized prices).

I'M not new to ebay i know the size and i'm not the only seller who have this problems so please stop teching me ebay rep. have the same problems not only with my shipping calculator

Elizabeth
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ok sorry to try to help & wishing  you good luck, sure know your not new to ebay read your posts on the PS board   & other boards all the time 
Was trying to help as sometime CS isn't the know all end all 

Good luck , and no need to be rude when someone attempts to help you 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sorry we tried to help, please disregard my previous post.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

In the earlier post I am not sure what happened, I just had an issue with the shipping calculator not working on a sale that I had last night because the shipping cost to my buyer in Colorado should have been 11.75 and he sends me a message saying that when he bought the car it showed that his shipping cost was 8.90 and when he goes to pay for the car the PayPal amount was the 11.75 for shipping. I live in Missouri and I was shipping the car USPS Priority Mail in a Postal Service Priority Shoebox With weight of 3 lbs. I have shipped many cars in this configuration and not have any issues before. My buyer sends me an email **bleep** that shipping cost was 8.90 when he won and then 11.75 when he goes to pay for it. Rather than having a upset customer I sent him a invoice that corrected the shipping cost to 8.90 even though I knew it should have been 11.75. I call eBay customer support and I went through 3 different reps and the Supervisor tells me that the buyer was lying to me and I need to get the cost from the buyer. I am sure going to accuse my buyer of lying and then watch him complain to eBay and get me in trouble. Yeah right lol! I told him that eBay has a glitch with the shipping calculator and he informed me that I was wrong and that eBay didn’t have a problem and they know all of the problems. After I picked myself up off the floor I had to tell him he was full of **bleep** on that. He was in the Philippines and a supervisor. Sorry for the long post but hope it helps!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply