cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay keeps trying to verify that I am a human.....

I was trying to clear my cart out the the other day by deleting some items and saving some other for later. As I was doing this, the following message popped up :"To keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, we will occasionally ask you to verify yourself. This helps us to block unauthorized users from entering our site."

I complete the RECAPTCHA just fine and continue removing/saving items. Again about 4 or 5 items later it pops up again. Again i complete the RECAPTCHA. I do this about 5 more times. Now I am frustrated. Every 4 or 5 items it seems eBay feels the need to confirm that I am a human, as if the first time wasn't enough. This is OBNOXIOUS. Is there ANY reason why this is happening.

Some additional context (that I do not feel is relevant) is that I am using Brave browser. I know that sometimes this can cause issues. Also I am currently out of the country. While these 2 conditions are not normal, I do not understand why they would require eBay to continually verify that I am indeed a human.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Try clearing your browsing and cache history. Sometimes things get stuck there and presents issues. If that does not help, it can't hurt either. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

that feature drove me and thousands of customers away, no im not clicking another extra button, ill use a diff platform

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That same thing has been going on with me, too, for quite a while. It's annoying as all heck! Like you were saying, the RECAPTCHA seems to keep popping up to verify that I'm human every several pages as I shop or navigate around to do other things on ebay.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ravensbeak 

Most users are not encountering that.

Are you using a VPN or a hotspot? Privacy software like Ghostery or Disconnect?

Any of those can potentially cause verification issues.

If none of those things apply, your browser may be having issues saving or updating your eBay cookies. Blocking all cookies, blocking third party cookies, blocking scripts or using enhanced tracking protection might cause such issues. Try changing your settings or try another browser to see if you avoid Captcha issues that way. If another browser works better, try manually erasing your eBay cookies in the original browser once; that might help if the problem was with a blocked or corrupt cookie.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply