cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auction problem

My auctions were listed as auction style (7 days), I did NOT post them as “buy it now” yet, 2 auctions started last night and somehow already ended and on one of them, a buyer was able to purchase and pay already without the item even going through the 7 day process and the other item just promptly ended with no reason at all...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

auction problem

Did you, by chance, originally list this as a fixed price item, then relist it as an auction.

I find that eBay, in this case, puts the previous fixed price as the buy it now for the auction.

Another possibility is, did you create the auction from scratch, or did you use a "sell similar"?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

auction problem

ebay adds the buy it now to auctions, not sure if switching from the quick listing tool to the advanced tool would stop it from happening as they seem to target the occasional sellers

I see the one buy it now, I didn't see a 2nd item in your completes
Was it an item they would have removed for an type of violation ?

Here is the announcement on adding Buy it now to Auctions and Fixed price

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-eBay-is-Helping-Boost-Conversion-with-Best-Offer...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

auction problem

Well, I am guessing it was because I was using the mobile app.  I was able to see it on my PC but last night on my mobile app I couldn’t change anything and couldn’t see the listing that easy “but it now”. I have learned my lesson! The other auction was sitting waiting and apparently never went live.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

auction problem

I did a “sell similar” but on the mobile app & then it froze...so, I thought the listing was lost and restarted it...therein lies the problem - I have learned my lesson!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply