cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated delivery dates/times (EDD) - cut off time bug

I am a business seller and have noticed a bug with the estimated delivery date on my listings. The  "Postage, returns and payments" section of the listing shows estimated delivery date and that's then displayed to the buyer on their order as the estimated delivery date.

My seller account setting are posting weekdays before 3pm so the estimated delivery date should change at 3pm. Instead, it changes at midnight(12am).

This means that customer orders on Friday nights include Saturday in the calculation before the order can be posted on Monday.

So buyers expect Friday night 2nd class orders on Monday - Tuesday (2-3 working days from Friday)

If my cutoff time was factored in, the expected delivery would be shown as Wednesday - Thursday (2-3 working days from the earliest posting date Monday).

Ebays help page states "The estimated delivery date shown on your listings reflects a range of factors including your dispatch time" - but this is not currently the case and the cut off time is ignored.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/estimated-delivery-dates-sellers?id=4086

Retated issue

When the customer orders, there is a message on the order "Dispatch by DD MM at 11.59pm GMT
Make sure you send your order within the dispatch time you specified in the listing." This should read "Dispatch by DD MM at 2.59pm GMT".

Ebay - please can you look into this bug?

marco@ebay

Katie@ebay

Dave@ebay

@theelench

@bojangled

@messier44000

@ebeegeebees2006

@qualitycardsandgifts

@tick-tech

@divine0606

@petstation1989 

@messier44000