cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a handwritten label instead of Packlink?

Just dispatched my first sell, but I'm burned by the shipping label costing me about 5 entire bucks, when I set my shipping price to 3; as I'd get NO sales if I charged five bucks shipping for my old figures and games, would I be able to just write down the relevant information on blank papers and attach those to my packages instead? I'd imagine it's cheaper than a Packlink label, and I'm just a random person selling some old stuff, so I don't think tracking is necessary to me than if I was trying to do this as a business. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can but make sure you get tracking for the item at the post office and type it into the order. 
Tracking is proof of shipping and delivery in an item not received case. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can but make sure you get tracking for the item at the post office and type it into the order. 
Tracking is proof of shipping and delivery in an item not received case. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@dylancarroll wrote: ... I'm burned by the shipping label costing me about 5 entire bucks, when I set my shipping price to 3 .... just write down the relevant information on blank papers and attach those to my packages instead? I'd imagine it's cheaper than a Packlink label.... 

Hi, You're on the discussion board for ebay.com, which is the US site, so we don't know much about Packlink or other Irish shipping options.  But here in the US, purchasing a postage label through eBay is always cheaper than purchasing it in person at the Post Office counter.  

How did you decide to charge 3? You might be surprised at the cost at the PO.  As noted in the other post, be sure to purchase a service that provides Delivery Confirmation because that is your only protection against a fake "Item not received" claim.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Woops. To answer your question, I went onto the An Post (Irish post office) website and calculated the dimensions/weight of my shipping there, and it came to a 3 bucks shipping label, which is what I set as my default for things around that size... but given that I was just inputting the info in a vacuum without another person's address, I can see how I wound up undercharging for shipping. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply