cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed yesterday on FB eBay Motors

"Your eBay Money Back Guarantee Order ID# 107332600361

Contact eBay Customer Support at: ebay@reply-sales-support.com
In the case you need phone support, send us your phone no# and a good time to call you!"

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

And this one too:  ebay@reply-sales-support.com

Scammers on FBM eBay Motors 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

No such place as FB eBay motors.

if you found a vehicle on FB and were scammed, it had nothing to do with eBay.

No sale for eBay is ever on any other site.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

The only place to buy an eBay car/truck is on eBay. eBay does not handle any sales for other platforms, they do not store, they do not ship and do not require payment with gift cards. There is no such thing as FBebay motors. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

After more than 20 years on these boards, this subject is so old that it is no longer of interest.

Scam away...

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

the scammer is active today.

Screenshot_20220424-144108_Gmail.jpg

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

You were replying to reply-sales-support.com

eBay is ebay.com. 

Forward that email to spoof@ebay.com and report the fraudulent ad on the site you found it.

Quit thinking you're going to get a nice car for $1000. My friend is selling a 2001 Honda Civic next week after he cleans it out and it has a lot of miles. He's  going to ask $3500 firm  - and he'll have no problem getting every penny.

Those cars priced way below what they sell for is bait to reel you in. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

LOL, I love reading these obvious scams.

Her husband died 3 months ago, and, in that time, she got a new job, moved to a new city, and took the car with her since she is selling it- yet the car brings her bad memories. Why didn't she sell the car before moving to a new city? 

Why is the car titled in her name? She says her husband died and now the car brings her bad memories, implies this was her husband's car. So why was it titled in her name? If she had the title moved to her name in the three months since her husband died, why bother if the car brings her bad memories? You can sell a car titled in someone else's name by including a death certificate. 

Why bad memories from this car? Did her husband die of a heart attack while inside the car? Is it haunted by her husband's ghost now? Shouldn't she charge more for the ghost coming along with the car? 

Why even mention how her husband died to you? What business is it of yours how her husband died, unless his death is associated with the car? 

So many questions are left open, I think I will send her a text myself, or I won't sleep tonight.... 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I just thought that maybe we should all email Beatrice Potts on her 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe that she has for sale and play along. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Do you really want Beatrice Potts to have your email address? I think not! 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Screenshot_20220426-124519.png

nearly to be scammed.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I work in InfoSec. One of the people at my company was targeted. I contacted the domain's registrar, NameCheap, and they have suspended the domain. However, be on the lookout for this scam still -- the scammer will probably just spin up another domain. takedown[1423].png

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Of course they will just pop up some were else: the are making a lot of money with these scams.

This stuff is so old I forget how easy it is to do....

List item at a very cheep price, then tell em how they are helping the seller (usually a poor girl) out by making the deal, and using names that have nothing to do with it: such as eBay due to  the names are good reputations..

One would think folks would learn enough not to fall for such, but some were I read the gift card scams are some where in the 150 million buck range per year....

Yep with the money thees cons make, they will just keep a going..

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@shenandoahbooks wrote:

I work in InfoSec. One of the people at my company was targeted. I contacted the domain's registrar, NameCheap, and they have suspended the domain. However, be on the lookout for this scam still -- the scammer will probably just spin up another domain. 

I've reported a bunch of scam sites to NameCheap and they are usually pretty quick about getting them removed.

Have a great day.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Locked.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply