cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variations When Listing Model Railroad Decals

I wish it was possible to list model railroad decals with variations in color.  I have several sets where some are printed in one color and some in a second.  Selling, tracking, and managing them on eBay would be so much simpler if I could break the listings down by color.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You will be better of listing each color variation as its own listing. Buyers on eBay are notorious for selecting the wrong color, Then they blame the seller and file for a refund and eBay sides with them. For example you will have 1 in black and 1 in green.  This happens all the time for sellers selling clothing items but it can happen in other categories.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Trouble with duplicate listings is it chews up my listing budget. I'm selling hoards of 1,000 and 300 decals with a basic store (350 free listings) so I'm trying to economize on my number of listings. Thanks for listening. Mercifully I've not had trouble with wrong color complaints, but I do often have to ask the buyer what color.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Most of the wrong color returns I have read about in the forums were mainly for clothing. In those cases when I looked at the sellers listings they had way to many different items under 1 listing and it was clear how the buyer could get confused as to what they had selected verses what was being ordered. Also clothing items tend to get a lot of erroneous returns as the buyer gets the item tries it on then decides to return as the item does not fit them or they do not like how it looks. You said you only have a couple of colors to chose from so if you  take a little time and message the buyer before shipping asking them to confirm that the color being sent is the correct color you should be fine. If you do do this I would adjust the handle time in your listing by adding 1 day for the buyer to respond.

I understand the limitation of a basic store when you have a large number of items to list that will take up more than your free listing slots in 1 month. A few years ago about the time I upgrades to a basic store I got a really good deal on some like new N scale Bachman engine shells. I primarily sell train buildings and had my store almost filled to capacity of 200 items at all times. I had to really keep track of how many items I could list at the beginning of the month to reach the full 200 listings. To do this on the 16th when the new month started I would lock at the number of active listings I had at that time. Then subtract that from 200 to get the number of new listing I could list in that month with out going over the 200 so that I would not get any additional insertion fee's.

If with a store after your initial free listings is used up each additional listing that does get a insertion fee, that insertion fee is a lower rate than  what a basic seller would be charged. Back then it essentially was like take the store fee and divide the total free listings per month. Kind of like paying a prorated fee for a additional 200 listings. Currently I have 1000 listings per month and have not looked at the pricing for additional listings  for any of the store levels. So if you do go over the 200 mark hand full of listings will not cost you to much on your next invoice. Also as it may take a while for a single listing to sell the more items you list in a month the more sells you can get in a month. So since you have 1000 items to list and sell it may be worth spending a little more on some additional listings so that you can reach more potential buyers looking for a specific set of decals. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply