cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing was misleading

Hi. I recently purchased a Magnavox w812 turntable. The item was listed as "for parts or not working" . However, In the description the seller said he had used it 3 years ago and it worked excellent. I emailed this seller and he basically said he didn't see any reason why it wouldn't still work. Based on that email I purchased the turntable. I received the turntable and it is not working and has some mechanical issues and will not function properly. This seller does not accept returns. After I received the turntable I immediately installed it in my console stereo. When I discovered the problems I immediately emailed this person. That was 2 days ago and they have not replied.

My question is, isn't a listing like this misleading as it says for parts or not working then in description it says when I used it last it worked excellent?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Listing was misleading

Big red flag.  By marking it for parts, seller is acknowledging it is not in good working order. I would not put stock in his reply it worked three years ago.  Wonder why he didn’t test it before listing.  Sorry this happened and good luck.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Listing was misleading

Yes. I should have asked does it work now. This person has 100% feedback and 2K plus transactions. I want to leave negative feedback but I wish to be tactful and concise without overdoing it. Also, can't sellers now have negative feedback removed? If so, what's the point.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Listing was misleading

Any listings that are sold for Parts or Not Working should be purchased with the knowledge that the item will not work. Assume the worst and pay the appropriate value in the stated condition.

I do buy items that are listed for parts or not working as well. Sometimes items have an easy overlooked issue that can be quickly fixed and purchased for a low price. Most of the time the items do not work and i understand the risk and i am paying to fix it or to use for parts.

Personally i do not understand why sellers put "Was working 3 years ago" (or similar statement). Complicates the sale and you should be able to open a "Item not as described" case.

Items sold "For Parts or Not Working" should be sold as is with NO returns and there should NOT be any statements like it was working the last time used.(or similar statements) They should remove the description field and require buyers to message sellers before purchasing these items. (Items that are sold "For Parts or Not Working") If buyers are communicating with sellers before purchasing these items, i think a lot of mis communications will occur. IMHO

Good Luck

Message 4 of 4
latest reply