cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asked for my email address

A buyer has requested that i send my Ebay email address to them. The buyer First sent their number for me to text them because they had a question about the item i’m selling. I texted the buyer and answered the question and then was asked to provide my email address. 
Am i being Scammed or is this a normal thing to do on Ebay? I’m a new seller. I sent my email address, i have not received an email yet. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @shar3979 

That would be a scam or someone wanting to purchase OFF eBay (the latter being a policy violation).   Stop communicating with them, if you texted they now have your phone number.  You NEVER have to give out any information for customers to simply purchase from you.  You can add them to your Block Buyer's list on this page:  Buyer Management | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hi @shar3979 

That would be a scam or someone wanting to purchase OFF eBay (the latter being a policy violation).   Stop communicating with them, if you texted they now have your phone number.  You NEVER have to give out any information for customers to simply purchase from you.  You can add them to your Block Buyer's list on this page:  Buyer Management | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 2
latest reply