cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching by Price + shipping lowest to highest shows very few listings

Not sure if this is the right place to raise this concern but I'm very tired of this bug. When searching for any item on eBay, lets say "Yeezy" for example, you can sort using several methods. Searching by "price + shipping lowest to highest" only shows about 40 listings. You can switch to any other search method, including highest to lowest price and you will get thousands of results.

This is a critical search option to eBay and needs to be fixed immediately. My friends have replicated this problem so its not just me. I'm not using any filters or location options. This problem also exists on the mobile app.

I've known of this for over a month now and no fix so I'm assuming the eBay web developers are unaware of this. I'm sure this is having a huge impact on sales as a lot of people sort by lowest to highest price. eBay please fix this. Too large of a company for something like this to go on for over a month.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The "Price plus shipping: lowest first" sort order provides filtered results -- often drastically filtered. And the option to "see more results" may not always be shown as it should. The filtering may vary depending on the keywords used.

If you encounter a drastically filtered result for a keyword search using a desktop browser, you should be able to use the "Feedback" link in the lower right corner of the search results to provide feedback on your search to eBay developers. The more users provide info, the more likely something is to be done about the over-filtration problem.

You can avoid that problem entirely by using a different sort order.

If you have few results, try sorting by "highest first", then starting at the end of the results, scroll up instead of down. This also avoids the problem of variation listings with low-cost variations appearing at the top of the lowest-first sort.

If you have a bookmarked or saved lowest-first search that you use a lot, you can avoid the filtration by adding the following to the end of the search URL, then saving the resulting search:

&_blrs=recall_filtering

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

THANK YOU!

I think its completely ridiculous the amount of filtering that happens and they should honestly copy the highest to lowest filtering only inversed or just be the same as your added URL line.

That being said you URL line works fantastically and restores things back to how it used to be a few months ago when I didn't have this problem. You saved me from such a headache I cant thank you enough.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are very welcome.

I agree that the lowest-first sort is broken and needs to be fixed.

I hope enough folks use that feedback link to provide examples of search failures to eBay developers that eBay is forced to recognize that the problem exists and must be addressed.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply