cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment dispute experience

As part of ongoing efforts to improve the payment dispute experience, we are happy to announce improvements to the experience when you challenge a payment dispute. To strengthen your response, you can now enter supporting text to provide additional information, and you can upload five files as supporting documentation for all payment disputes. 

Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members. 

Please allow us 24-48 hours to provide an answer to your question. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

adding ability to provide additional facts for dispute is best idea since sliced bread

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

seller_update@ebay  Thanks. This is a definite improvement. I gather that more supporting text and documentation might help us win a dispute with the credit card company, but it sounds like even if we lose the dispute, ebay might use the additional info to protect us from the loss. 

Can you explain how this seller protection works? And what impact the new documentation might have? Maybe provide some examples of "supporting documentation" that would help us?

TIA!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Been asking for this for years. Great to see eBay make improvements in this area. 👍

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

seller_update@ebay  Thanks. This is a definite improvement. I gather that more supporting text and documentation might help us win a dispute with the credit card company, but it sounds like even if we lose the dispute, ebay might use the additional info to protect us from the loss. 

Can you explain how this seller protection works? And what impact the new documentation might have? Maybe provide some examples of "supporting documentation" that would help us?

TIA!

Hello @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! Since payment disputes are a case by case scenario on how they are handled we have more information on how are seller protections would work on our help page. With the additional documentation this could help sellers win their case and help eBay determine if the dispute itself has eligibility for seller protections. Some examples of supporting documentation would be tracking details, shipping labels, messages, and photos.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply