cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling sale to buyer in HI.

I thought i had no international or sles to outside 48 states on but someone from HI. bought a golf club. I canceled and wondering If I just relist and they get their money back or do I pay a fee?

To all that replied to my original message, thanks for the help. I have learned alot about the shipping options (which I don't remember having to do that a few years ago.)  and have reached out to the buyer to see if he still wants the club. I will eat the extra cost of about $20, which I originally had figured at $110, so thanks again.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you understand that just writing in your description that you don't ship to Hawaii and Alaska means diddly squat.

You still do not have the restriction for them turned on.....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

If the buyer already paid they can leave you negative feedback because you did not have a good reason to cancel.

By the way none of your listings I look at have Hawaii or Alaska blocked.

If the buyer paid for shipping then you should have shipped their item

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

As stated by aproudparent2010  Make sure you revise your shipping rules to include or exclude so this does not happen again. Personally i would reach out to the buyer and explain the reason. Most buyers are reasonable but reach out to them quickly and refund quickly so you do not have any bad feedback. (hopefully)

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I did add that restriction. I haven't sold in over 3 years and it just slipped my mind. I reached out to the buyer and apologized so hopefully they understand.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I have updated my listings to include the restriction. Hopefully the buyer is understanding and doesn't take revenge.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

One of my early sales around 2005 I was doing flat rate shipping(not flat rate box). It was a Dakine Surf brand bag. A person bought it in Hawaii. I didn't realize how much shipping jumped going to Hawaii. I basically ended up going $12 in the negative. One of my worst bonehead mistakes on Ebay. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@dach707 wrote:

I did add that restriction. I haven't sold in over 3 years and it just slipped my mind. I reached out to the buyer and apologized so hopefully they understand.

I just looked at your listings again and none have Hawaii or Alaska blocked....

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I don't think you understand that just writing in your description that you don't ship to Hawaii and Alaska means diddly squat.

You still do not have the restriction for them turned on.....

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Hopefully the buyer understands. I sold some things several years ago and don't remember having to add that restriction unless I just got lucky. 

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I'm not seeing how to turn that on. Can you point me in right direction. Thanks

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Nevermind I found it, thanks.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I found it, thanks.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@dach707 

Why would you not ship to Alaska and Hawaii?  

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@slyders_finds wrote:

One of my early sales around 2005 I was doing flat rate shipping(not flat rate box). It was a Dakine Surf brand bag. A person bought it in Hawaii. I didn't realize how much shipping jumped going to Hawaii. I basically ended up going $12 in the negative. One of my worst bonehead mistakes on Ebay. 

But, you shipped it anyway.   And lost money.   Right?

Now THAT is the way a businessperson does business.

You pay for your mistakes without complaint, call it tuition ... and move on.

In this case it wasn't the buyers fault.  A deal was offered, he accepted and paid.

He should have gotten his stuff.

Period.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

If you offer calculated shipping instead of $20 flat rate you can still ship to Alaska and Hawaii and let the buyer pay the higher shipping cost.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply