cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Canada

there is no way in heaven that a small makeup travel case costs 121.00 to 154.00 to ship to Canada. you all are missing sales by using the Global shipping service. I can ship the same to USA for under 40.00. this is the most insane thing I ever seen. Where are you all getting your prices from. its not like its being shipped to china we are next door. Ebay should look into this. Insane,.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping to Canada

@geminigirl0 wrote:

there is no way in heaven that a small makeup travel case costs 121.00 to 154.00 to ship to Canada. you all are missing sales by using the Global shipping service. I can ship the same to USA for under 40.00. this is the most insane thing I ever seen. Where are you all getting your prices from. its not like its being shipped to china we are next door. Ebay should look into this. Insane,.

Ebay and the EIS program set those rates... Sellers are not to blame.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I use USPS to ship from USA to Canada and visa vera.

Canada has an agreement with USA on shipping less charges than all other countries.

Might want to check into that.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi @geminigirl0 . If you can share the item number we can take a look at the listing to see if there are issues with the way the seller set up shipping. If Canada is showing a rate that high, it's possible the same is happening with the seller's domestic rates.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

US shipping rates are affected by package dimensions in a way that may not apply to other countries.

This dimensional rate increases the cost of shipping dramatically. Whether this effect is applicable to the International segment is a function of Ebay's agreements with its international carriers.

The US domestic portion of the shipping charges will be higher than many US online sellers would like.

My shipments under EIS to Canada usually use carriers other than Canada Post. This pleases me a great deal because I have found Canada Post to be inconsistent in delivery times when I used them in the past, and I discontinued shipping to Canada because of this. Were it not for EIS I would not export at all.

Since I have no idea what the weight and dimensions stated in the listing are, I have no clue whether the rate is accurate or an error. If the seller listing the item has not specified the weight or dimensions, EIS will calculate a rate based on similar products they have shipped. An obvious application for AI - and the IQ of an AI bot is usually under 50.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When I checked out the preowned cell phones earlier today. The same thing was happening. so the shipping when just scrolling was showing $118.00 to ship. But when you open the listing the actual price is $18.00. and that was on all of the listings. Someone should notify Ebay.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply