cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to open a shop and got removed

I had put up some personalised Items and note pads and then got removed and I have been told me it was because they wanted my ID. Sent it then they removed me permanently and refuse to tell me what I did wrong or why. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You have to have a Managed Payments account in order to get paid.

For some reason the Selling Form does not make this clear.

To open a MP account you need a checking account with a bank in your own country.

If you are opening a dotCOM account and are not resident in the USA, you will need a US address as well as a US bank and checking account.

If the ID you offer does not match exactly your account may be restricted.

For example if your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smithbut you opened your eBay account as JJJingleheimer Smith, and your bank account as J J J Smith. while your address has your name as John JJ Smith,  you will have problems.

Also don't use the micro-deposits. If there is any currency exchange involved they will not work.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Oh-- you also have to move your account to your national site BEFORE you try to sign up for Managed Payments.

If you do that, you will have little trouble with the changeover.

Remember that even with an Irish account, you can still list on dotCOM. Your customers will see your items in Search in their own currency, and on the listing itself in both currencies.

But.

If you try to sign up for MP from a dotCOM account without a US bank and a US address and appropriate tax ID (SSN or ITIN(?)) you will never never never be able to do it.

You will then have to lose your dotCOM account and all the feedback, watchers, etc you have built up and open a new dotIR account with none of those.

Come over to the Canada site if you need a shoulder to cry on. We just figured this out ourselves.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply