cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay card scam

I was also scammed using eBay gift cards to purchase a truck and there’s no way I’ve found to retrieve the funds and eBay Should be held accountable the eBay page look real and the receipt

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay card scam

Hi everyone,

If you believe that you or someone you know was scammed into buying eBay Gift Cards, visit our gift card page to contact customer service and find additional information related to gift card scams.

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay card scam

eBay is no way responsible for what you do. When you purchase a gift card on their site, and what Gary has in his comment, they have a page that tells about gift card scams. I would read below on what you should do

If you believe you are the target of a gift card scam, here's what you need to do:

1. Contact eBay Customer Service immediately.
  2. Report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or, if you're outside the United States, you can report the scam to your local consumer protection agency or report it to econsumer.gov.
  3. Keep the eBay gift card itself and the receipt you received when you bought it. We'll need these as proof of purchase to verify that you bought the gift card.

Go to ebay.com/giftcardscams or FTC.gov/giftcards to learn more about gift card scams and how you can protect yourself against them.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/protecting-gift-card-scams?id=5156#:~:text=Contact%20e....

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

eBay card scam

Why ebay will not take my gift card?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay card scam

This is a very old thread..mods need to close it down..

Best for you to start a new one.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay card scam

You have posted to a thread that is over 2 years old.  If you need help, you need to start your own thread. Suggestion:  And when you do, please give ALL details of the transaction to help others help you.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply