cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding 'Condition Descriptor' in eBay NET SDK

Hey all!

My software has broke since the changes to Trading Cards was released that require Condition Descriptors to be added (https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/user-guides/static/mip-user-guide/mip-enum-condition-descriptor-...)

I'm trying to workout where to add these within the eBay NET SDK.

I've tried adding the Itemspecific "Card Condition" as a NameValueListType, but no luck.

(Getting: Card Condition (40001) is a required field reply)

Under the ItemType class - I can't see any option for 'Condition Descriptors'.

Does anyone have any idea where this is specified? Or is the eBay NET SDK too outdated to perform this request?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Adding 'Condition Descriptor' in eBay NET SDK

Furthermore to my last post (I may be wrong) - but it appears the NET SDK may need an update to include 'ConditionDescriptors' under an ItemType as specified on the following page (https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/fieldindex.html)

• AddItem.Item.ConditionDescriptors.ConditionDescriptor

If anyone knows a work around for the mean time, I would appreciate the help?
Maybe a way to edit the raw request to add the request directly as a temporary work around?

Thanking you.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@geniusbulk 

I'm not using the MIP or SDK, so don't have a clear answer. But perhaps reviewing other methods can help, as I just went through this process with FileExchange and got it working there.

This FileExchange (seller hub) spreadsheet format may be similar to MIP, since both can use the feed upload.

While the MIP documentation seems to indicate there are names or numbers, the FileExchange spreadsheet data seems to require a combination value.

The base ConditionID is required, but the cell values also require the word after the number, as shown:

Condition ID
2750-Graded
4000-Ungraded

This is a a FileExchange spreadsheet field for ungraded that appears to belong to Item Specifics, but perhaps not. Notice that it uses a word and a number. Your error message implies the same "Card Condition (40001)" using a slightly different format than shown here for FileExchange:

CD:Card Condition - (ID: 40001)
Excellent - (ID: 400011)
Near mint or better - (ID: 400010)

From the Trading API example below, the descriptors appear as part of the condition, rather than as an item specific:

https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/Reference/eBay/AddItem.html 

<Item> ItemType
    :
    <ConditionDescription> string </ConditionDescription>
    <ConditionDescriptors> ConditionDescriptorsType
      <ConditionDescriptor> ConditionDescriptorType
        <AdditionalInfo> string </AdditionalInfo>
        <Name> string </Name>
        <Value> string </Value>
        <!-- ... more Value values allowed here ... -->
      </ConditionDescriptor>
      <!-- ... more ConditionDescriptor nodes allowed here ... -->
    </ConditionDescriptors>
    <ConditionID> int </ConditionID>

And we see that the values are strings, while the ConditionID is an integer.  The integer ConditionID does not comport with the new FileExchange spreadsheet requirement for a combination value.

Also, the Trading API documentation seems to require integers, like this (although I have not tested):

Item.ConditionID = 4000
Item.ConditionDescriptors.conditionDescriptor.name = 40001
Item.ConditionDescriptors.conditionDescriptor.value = 400010

Perhaps this info will help expand your testing ideas.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate all the time you put into this - it's great to see the community helping one another.

I've had a big long mess around trying to manually work around this - but it seems that eBay will need to add support for ConditionDescriptors in the ItemType class of the SDK to have this work.

For the meantime, I've worked out a manual workaround using (like you mentioned) CSV output for products, rather than direct creation through the eBay API. A teeny bit slower, but not too bad.

Once again, thanks for your time & effort!
Adam

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hello all I seem to be encountering the same issue right now with the .NET SDK ImageType not containing a "ConditionDescriptor" field.

I use my .NET software to take images of  TCG cards and post them to my store. This saves me incredible amounts of time as my software also does an OCR routine that reads the card, gets card information, sets the title , does a price lookup on TCG player and fills out basically of the fields programmatically. 

As you guys are discussing, there needs to be a ConditionDescriptor now required for TCG listings next week however the SDK doesn't currently support this. Is anyone aware of an update to the SDK being rolled out?

I'm now worried my software will be unusable next week due to this requirement that is not supported by eBay SDK . This will really mess with my business listing throughput if so 😞

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This just came to my attention as well. Like @3dd_trading we also use the API to list items. Has anyone found anything yet?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@darchall42 

@3dd_trading  posted a workaround here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-APIs-SDKs/Condition-Grading-for-Trading-Cards-New-Schema-Yet-No-S...   

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi @geniusbulk 

The ConditionDescriptors field is available at the latest WSDL versionWe suggest updating the .NET SDK with a newer WSDL version. 

For more details, please have a look on KB article "How to update the .NET SDK using a different version of the WSDL" here: https://developer.ebay.com/support/kb-article?KBid=1034

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support
Message 8 of 8
latest reply