cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get ebay Logistics API ? How to Purchase postage labels through API?

I am trying to determine how to purchase postage through the eBay Trading API.

My .NET application currently photographs and lists items to my store and now I would like to try to purchase and print shipping labels through my application as well.

My research is landed me on that I need to get the Logistics API but the only way I see how is to pay for premium support and request there? Is this true or is there another way to get this API without paying for it.

Also I am open to another way to purhcase/download shipping labels to my .NET application if there are any other suggestions.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to get ebay Logistics API ? How to Purchase postage labels through API?

Yes, you would need to purchase eBay's envelope through eBay, even though I suspect that is managed by EasyShip. 

Depositing a support fee does not mean it will always be deducted when contacting the support team. I've used the support process to report bugs, and there was no deduction from my account for those. In one case, an API stopped working after a few years and I had parens instead of brackets, or something like that, so they charged a half hour.  In another case, I actually had a real support question, which was addressed with 'try this' suggestions, but not resolved. I resolved on my own and provided the solution to support and told them they could publish the solution. No charge on that one.

So, you would not be throwing away money to ask the question, although it may lock your funds to eBay with only one way to use them.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There is a limited-release API, so you might not get permission to use it. 

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/logistics/static/overview.html 

If not, the carriers have their own APIs.

developer.usps.com

developer.ups.com

developer.fedex.com

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time and responding to this.

The issue when I click the link "Sign up for Logistics API" it brings me to a support page. And the only support offered is "premium support" at $75/hour which I would rather not pay (unless that is only way). I just want to sign up for the Logistics API.

I've thought about using the other API's mentioned, however 90% of my shipments are trading cards with eBay standard tracked envelope at 63 cents. To my knowledge that is a special service offered through ebay so I would need to use the "tracked  envelope" for my sales which I don't think any other shipping provider offers (unless anyone is aware of one?).

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, you would need to purchase eBay's envelope through eBay, even though I suspect that is managed by EasyShip. 

Depositing a support fee does not mean it will always be deducted when contacting the support team. I've used the support process to report bugs, and there was no deduction from my account for those. In one case, an API stopped working after a few years and I had parens instead of brackets, or something like that, so they charged a half hour.  In another case, I actually had a real support question, which was addressed with 'try this' suggestions, but not resolved. I resolved on my own and provided the solution to support and told them they could publish the solution. No charge on that one.

So, you would not be throwing away money to ask the question, although it may lock your funds to eBay with only one way to use them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply