cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference guide website for older Little Tikes Toys from 50-90s

Does anyone know of a website that details/reference guide for Vintage 80-90s Little Tikes Toys like the website This Old Toys for Fisher Price. The Fisher Price website details all pieces from older playsets  and I can't locate one for Little Tikes. There is the official site, but it is for current toys.... I am mainly looking for the Vintage Little Tikes Pretend Food at this moment. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Reference guide website for older Little Tikes Toys from 50-90s

I've never seen a website.  In comparison to Fisher Price the number of products Little Tikes sold was scant.  Their old catalogues and product fliers were just a few pages and changed very little in offerings.   Unlike the toys of today with modern manufacturing of factory runs in China a new version did not come out every year.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Tagging on to the OP's message with a question that has little to do with his query:  The Little Tikes factory used to be just slightly north of my location.  Are they still manufacturing in this country, do you know? Just idle curiosity.  

As a great grandma who baby sits and also entertains small people periodically, have accumulated lots of Little Tikes items as well as Fisher Price.  For those parents or grandparents who are just beginning this journey, these two brands do not disappoint in their quality and sturdiness, at least the older ones.  Some of our toys  here and play equipment were enjoyed by youngsters who are now in their 40s.  Their children now visit and have just as much fun with the LT and FP toys as their parents did.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@ghostbustertwins,

Little Tikes Toys is still headquartered in Hudson Ohio and produces toys at that facility.  They do not seem to have an active home site for older products because as @toysaver  wrote: They did not have an extensive line of Toys. 

"I am mainly looking for the Vintage Little Tikes Pretend Food at this moment".

In doing a Google search I did find links for L.T. toys from the 70s,80s, 90s.  I think you can probably find the pretend food toys that came with their Toy Kitchen and Shop 'n Learn Smart Check out toy sets.  I think most of the pretend food items were used in both type sets, and are the same now as when they first were introduced. A few product labels on pretend food boxes may have changed over the years however.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for all your inputs.
My gray area is with their logo marking...mostly all items had their marking on the items, but when they started introducing the kitchens some of the dishes/cups were not marked and no food was produced with the kitchens only dishes, cups phone pot holder etc. ... and that is the gray area when the food was introduced?? Yes there is shop n learn &  lets go shopping...but they are from the 2000 +. I believe these kitchens came out in the late 80s.

Some of the food molds are so similar to other brands, wondering did they share/sell these molds with other companies? I guess there is no way to find out.

I realize that Little Tikes mainly had preschool & outside toys...but I remember the huge outlet here in NJ had stuff that you can never find in stores and we visited it many times when my children were small. But the twist was they also had Step 2 items there too, which I know was owned by Tupperware...do you think they combined somewhat in the late 90s?
I included a photo of one of the brochures I have when the kitchens were introduced, as you can see no food.
Long winded response, just frustrated their is no evidence to these questions ..thanks againlittledishbroch 001 (2).JPG

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Interesting post, thank you.  I have odds and ends of the play food, but most of mine as well as the dishes, pots & pans etc, were bought at thrifts and garage sales.  The youngsters here particularly like the wisk and the spatula.  The 2 1/2 yr old serves his grandma and I from a kid-sized tea cart.  Her meal last week was a play ice cube, a fork, a placemat and a tea cup.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

soh.maryl those dishes had 3 different color changes with the same mold over the years. Perhaps that is when they were produced in OH...then things changed...perhaps they changed vendors to produce items...because the plastic changed also

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ghostbustertwins,

I did another search this morning and found this site; There is a button for replacement parts and Shop Little Tikes in it.  

https://parts.littletikes.com/pages/little-tikes%E2%84%A2-over-the-years

I also did a search for  L.T. Toys catalogs, (Images) and found several images of them. Several were J.C. Penny Christmas ones.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Little+tikes+toys+catalogs&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwj7-Iq89vb9AhVsPd4AHQB...

When I wrote my first reply I was honestly thinking L.T. went back to the 1950s, when I vividly remember my best friend's little sister having a kitchen and grocery store set that we had to play around.  There were things like hollow soft plastic steaks, Hams, eggs, milk bottles, cereal boxes, and bacon...   There were eggs bacon and other foods that were already cooked.  I remember that stuff because we got into trouble for making a mess of her sets, because she wrecked a fort we had built.  Maybe those were F.P. or some now defunct brand's toys? 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Upload the Google app on your phone or device.  Hit the little camera icon on the app and take a photo of the item you need.  The app will scan places that have this item .  Perhaps it will lead you to a website or some other site that can provide information.

There was something called WORTHPOINT if I recall correctly.  That could give you prices and perhaps give you the information that you need. 

The ebay app also has the search feature but that one will ONLY lead you to other ebay auctions that have the same item or similar item.  Goodluck.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply