cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rules

When I buy from someone I need to know who it is, please don not continue to  further hide the sellers identity because your afraid you won't get you cut.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

New rules

@gndarh3pva 

Most eBay sellers use an eBay name which they have chosen, and not their actual names.  However, the seller's REAL name appears on the shipping label when the item is to be shipped.

"please don not continue to  further hide the sellers identity because your afraid you won't get you cut."

I'm afraid that I don't understand that statement.  Are you referring to the eBay policy against sellers and buyers conspiring to make deals away from the eBay site?

Please explain your complaint a bit more clearly.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Guess it is a two-way street and sellers should know the real name of the buyers/bidders too. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

New rules

What new rules? And I don't understand the rest of your message either.

No one here has any control over eBay rules.  One would think that someone with 5324 FB would know that.  

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

New rules

@gndarh3pva 

"When I buy from someone I need to know who it is, please don not continue to  further hide the sellers identity because your afraid you won't get you cut."

Kind of ironic, from someone whose eBay name is "gndarh3pva."

Is that name from Tatooine or Hoth?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

New rules

At least you would know what my percentage is and how good your experience was from a first buy. I can remember when a seller's location was printed with his/her name.  I am from Florida.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

New rules

@gndarh3pva 

"I am from Florida."

Okay -- but your eBay profile only indicates that your location is "United States" -- you have only NOW volunteered the information that you are located  in Florida.

And your profile does NOT include your REAL name -- only your eBay name.

And how does that prevent eBay from getting "their cut"?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Wouldn't that information about you be available to me when I click on that (5324) after your name?

Why would your real name and address make any difference? I am from Ohio.  

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Do you notice that there are lots of posts here that are not easily understood? I mean, I am no genius, certainly, but I cannot figure out how knowing your real name and address etc would influence me in any way.  

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

New rules

@soh.maryl 

Totally agree -- it's not as if most of us have access to Credit Bureau Reports.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Clearly my info is available to everyone. 

First name AJ. Middle is Coins. Last is Alchemy.

My profile pic is clearly pulled from my driver's license. 

Is the little number in parentheses my age? Or my weight? 🙈🙈

Completely transparent! And if you're further concerned, you have my residence on the return address on the shipping label. I reside in a 3" x 5" PO Box. It's cozy 😉 Part of the "Tiny Homes" trend

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

New rules

This is exciting! I think I have the PO box immediately below yours, but a little larger.

Mine is in the category of "Almost Tiny Homes".  

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Sorry, I know this is a few (10) days late, but this...........

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

Clearly my info is available to everyone. 

First name AJ. Middle is Coins. Last is Alchemy.

My profile pic is clearly pulled from my driver's license. 

Is the little number in parentheses my age? Or my weight? 🙈🙈

Completely transparent! And if you're further concerned, you have my residence on the return address on the shipping label. I reside in a 3" x 5" PO Box. It's cozy 😉 Part of the "Tiny Homes" trend

Seriously, funniest post on eBay to date!!!!

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Actually, I can find that information without knowing either your real name or address.

And I bet everyone else here can also.  

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Sorry-- I have no interest in finding out your real name or your address.

Even if I were actually buying from you, I still wouldn't care.  

Message 15 of 18
latest reply