cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone please identify this?

Seems like a viewer, but there is an image disk on just one side. It has a pistol grip, and a light and spinning disk on the front. I can provide more detailed pictures but I'm hoping someone will recognize it right off the bat.

IMG_8895.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can anyone please identify this?

Omniocular! Thank you!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@gregorygrc,

A few more photos would be nice, without your hand in them if possible.  If this is a battery op toy, have you tried it with batteries?  It sort of resembles a light or image projecting space toy from the 1980s.  It had a spinning disc and projected a color changing light.  I can't remember the name, TV/movie character, or manufacturer of that toy.  

Measurements, side shots info on a power source, and Mfr. name trademark etc. would really help us. I do not think this is a Star Wars toy or replica, though it more detailed than most "toys". I have a friend who is a fanatical collector of sci-fi, space and Star Wars toys/replicas, I will forward photos to if none recognizes it. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9538.jpg

IMG_9539.jpg

      

Here's some more pics. It takes 3 AAA batteries. When the trigger is pressed a light goes on so you can view the slides on the wheel. If the front lights up or the disc on the front spins I don't know how to do it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Looking at the first picture, I would not have guessed it was a steampunk slide-viewer like a View-master (but apparently not stereoscopic, as a View-master is).

The subject matter of the slides appears to be Harry Potter-related, so not that old.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Omniocular! Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply