cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1980's boys toys-MOTU, Starcom, transformers, and more

Where can I find someone who will sell for me?

North Atlanta metro area

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you can find anyone it would likely be a minimum 50 50 split.  You'll make more selling outright to a vintage toy dealer, try Atlanta Vintage Toys and Comics.  You'll make most selling yourself.   

Ebay reports sales to the IRS so your SS# and banking information is needed for deposits.  Are you willing to give than information to a random stranger?  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I find places that are interested in buying my collectibles. They pay for shipping or I take it there and they send/give me my money. No fees to worry about and none of the nonsense when it comes to managed payments or scam buyers. I hand them the items, they hand me the cash and we are both happy. There are lots of businesses who buy old vintage toys.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How many items are you speaking of?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@macpeden,

Even though its been a few years, I used to visit Atlanta fairly often and there were several local weekend flea markets around the Metro area.  You may want to consider selling your items at them. There may also be some smaller "comic collectors" type shows where you can either take items and try to sell them to the sellers or set up and sell them yourself.

if you try taking your items to comic/gaming stores that also sell action figures or TV show and Movie related items. They'll probably offer you between 30 and 50% of their actual value. Before making any decisions about your items divide them into groups MOTU, Transformers... etc. then do an advanced search by using the Advanced button to the right of the main search box at the top of most ebay pages.

Below is a screen shot of a sample Advanced search for Sold items and below that a link to the results page for that search.  I chose Toys and Hobbies as the Category, but some may be listed in Collectibles as well. You may find that you have a few desirable items in your collection, but you can get an idea of what your items are worth.

mudshark61369_0-1711549434787.png

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Masters+of+the+universe+action+figures&_sacat=220&LH_Complete=1...

Good Luck

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply