cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is tracking late?

Thought someone might answer question but haven't seen it.

Item says when item needs to be shipped:

Seller using eBay shipping label of course eBay can see shipping is late.

Seller using USPS shipping or whoever...marking item shipped(supposedly shipped but not yet)...but seller ships it a few days later.

And enters tracking of same item a few days later...does eBay checks on late tracking?

Does seller get a late charge for shipping?

Curious thought.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

When is tracking late?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

Purchasing the label and marking the item as shipped just don't count at all.  eBay only looks at the timing of:  (1) first scan and (2) delivery scan.  Here are eBay's criteria for "late" shipping:

shipping tracking standards late criteria.png

In other words, if the tracked package is delivered within eBay's estimated delivery date, then it's not late.  BUT if it is delivered after the estimated delivery date, then the only way it won't be counted as late is if the package has tracking that got a scan within the seller's stated handling time.

I'm not sure whether a seller would get credit for an on-time scan if the package got a scan within the seller's handling time, BUT the seller entered the tracking number late (i.e., after his stated handling time).

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

@12345jamesstamps 

It shows up in the seller's dashboard, under  "Your seller level," in "Tracking uploaded on time and validated."

Sellers are required to enter the tracking number within a particular time period, and the delivery carrier must enter the validation scan also within a certain time limit.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

There is no "late charge for shipping."

You can read on your seller dashboard (link) or on the seller standards policy page (link) how eBay determines both 'late shipment rate' and 'tracking uploaded on time and validated' rate.

Tracking uploaded on time and validated requires:

- Tracking uploaded within your handling time.

- Carrier scan at any point during the journey.

Late shipment rate:

We help set buyers' expectations by showing them an estimated delivery date for their order. To help ensure items arrive on time, sellers are responsible for shipping items within their stated handling time, using the delivery service selected by the buyer.

How we count a late shipment depends on whether you've uploaded tracking information from an integrated carrier.

With tracking, we'll count an item as late when:

- The delivery scan is after the latest estimated delivery date AND
- There is no carrier scan within your handling time.

If there is no tracking information available:

- When the buyer leaves feedback, we'll ask them if the item arrived on time.
- If the buyer confirms the item arrived after the estimated delivery date, it will be counted as late.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

@1786davycrockett wrote:

@12345jamesstamps 

It shows up in the seller's dashboard, under  "Your seller level," in "Tracking uploaded on time and validated."

Sellers are required to enter the tracking number within a particular time period, and the delivery carrier must enter the validation scan also within a certain time limit.

Those are the specific criteria for meeting the requirements for TRS, which are separate from the basic performance criteria (which are shown above). 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

So with ESE where it's not needed as an accepted scan by what eBay mentions...kind of kills that as it being late. Or am I wrong?

So with postings here a lot of sellers drop off packages and they don't get accepted as a scan on the day it is dropped off...or even scanned when accepted in person....but somewhere along the line it gets scanned.

I understand what eBay states...but when scanning isn't working 100 % of the time...among locations in Texas, Virgina or Georgia...

Funny thought....I guess no feedback can be better than getting feedback...where a buyer can grade "if the item arrived on time".

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

What is "within a particular time period?".

And just in general...excluding TRS.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

My seller level is :

So my account is "Above standard" and again "Above standard" on 2 lines.

Tracking uploaded on time & validated is "56.38".

So in my situation I am graded only on feedback of buyers grading my speed of shipping.

I don't always have any tracking for a monthly period.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

I could be wrong. But  I think the part I marked with blue outline may pertain to your ESE shipments .

IMG_1546.jpeg

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

Yes, I got that. Thanks.

Feedback can be good or bad. Sometimes a buyer leaving no feedback can be good. LOL

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

Oops... we both posted at the same time....sorry. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

My big beef here...not with you, of course...but some others who say "feedback" doesn't mean anything these days.

It still does because sellers are graded on delivery on items fast or slow in shipping on feedback...especially items without tracking. Where if delivery service goes bad like in Texas, Virginia or Georgia...it can be beyond a seller's fault.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

@12345jamesstamps 

"So with ESE where it's not needed as an accepted scan by what eBay mentions...kind of kills that as it being late. Or am I wrong?"

Nope -- that initial USPS "scan" is still necessary -- particularly for filing for eBay insurance, if the ESE becomes "lost."

If the ESE is mailed properly, it will receive the initial "scan" within a day or so, after arriving at the next USPS Distribution Center, which also serves as the validation "scan" for eBay's purposes.

Sellers on other threads have previously mentioned having their transactions scores lowered by eBay, due to the lack of the initial USPS "scan."

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

When is tracking late?

It does mention ESE on ebay rules ESE does not need an accepted scan.

But getting refunded...that's another story.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply