cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time frame for uploading tracking

Hi 

I've been combing the conversations  about uploading tracking. Does anyone know the time frame for uploading the actual tracking of the package? Sometimes the post office just doesn't scan the item right away. I make sure I have a receipt every time for proof of shipment.

I do 1 business day shipping.

Look forward to an answer.

DBB

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Time frame for uploading tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean "updating"?

If you mean updating, some packages can go the whole way without a scan while others can get 30 or more along the way. There does not seem to be any consistency among post offices/carriers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean "updating"?

If you mean updating, some packages can go the whole way without a scan while others can get 30 or more along the way. There does not seem to be any consistency among post offices/carriers.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely LOOOVVVEEE the name, btw. So cool.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

if you want to get technical and I do enjoy it you really need to visit the fall seller update from 2018.

contrary to popular belief..........tracking is required on shipping.

the fall seller update from 2018 was never really rolled into the MBG despite what  it says at the bottom of the update

if a buyer opens an item not recieved and you never uploaded tracking you can lose immediately.

ebay wants a tracking number uploaded when you ship.not after a buyer says"Wheres my package"

this rule is not really enforced and I think very few sellers even know about it.

if you are using ebay shipping then the tracking number is in the system and that is what ebay wants.

I woud not worry about the post office

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

In order to meet the uploaded tracking metrics,you have to enter the tracking number on eBay before your handling time is up and the packages has to be scanned by the post office anytime between the time the item is mailed and delivered.   Even if there is only one delivery scan, that is enough for the uploaded metric.  

There is also the late shipment metric.  You won’t get a ding on that as long as your item is scanned within your handling time or if the item is scanned as delivered by the estimated delivery date. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Tracking is not required on shipping.  To win an inr claim the seller needs to show with online tracking that the item has been delivered. So for inr seller protection there needs to be delivery  confirmation but in general, tracking is not required.

As far as immediately losing if tracking isn’t uploaded until after a claim has been opened, that isnt exactly what that update says …it’s a bit more ambitious than that and I’ve never heard of that happening.  In fact a few months ago I won an inr even though the tracking was uploaded  after the claim was opened.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you 😃

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately,  this has not been the experience for me.  I am dinged for late upload of tracking on nearly every item.  I ship within my 3 day processing time...most of the ti,e the SAME DAY. 

The problem is Medford,  Oregon has shutdown their distribution center.  A package travels to Portland,  Oregon (the other end of the state!)...it does not receive its first scan until it reaches Portland...anywhere from 2 - 4 days.

It's not fair or right.  I have called eBay and frankly they were no help, she said, "do a good job".  I said, " I appreciate that ma'am but it is not helpful. "  She repeats, "You are not listening,  do a good job!"

I currently have 83% late scans...which puts me below standard...and ebay charges additional FVF...I pay anywhere from 22% to 30% in fees, which makes it unprofitable. 

I have nearly 100% feedback...2 negatives more than a year ago.  One was someone complained the shipping was too high...when it was actually lower than what I paid.  The other, the customer complained the Bible did not have the 14 Apocrypha Books...nowhere in the listing did it say that and most know there are 66 books in the Bible.

No one complains of late shipments...in fact 50% of my feedback customers thank me for fast shipping.  I have no choice,  I may have to give up on eBay.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately,  this has not been the experience for me.  I am dinged for late upload of tracking on nearly every item.  I ship within my 3 day processing time...most of the ti,e the SAME DAY. 

The problem is Medford,  Oregon has shutdown their distribution center.  A package travels to Portland,  Oregon (the other end of the state!)...it does not receive its first scan until it reaches Portland...anywhere from 2 - 4 days.

It's not fair or right.  I have called eBay and frankly they were no help, she said, "do a good job".  I said, " I appreciate that ma'am but it is not helpful. "  She repeats, "You are not listening,  do a good job!"

I currently have 83% late scans...which puts me below standard...and ebay charges additional FVF...I pay anywhere from 22% to 30% in fees, which makes it unprofitable. 

I have nearly 100% feedback...2 negatives more than a year ago.  One was someone complained the shipping was too high...when it was actually lower than what I paid.  The other, the customer complained the Bible did not have the 14 Apocrypha Books...nowhere in the listing did it say that and most know there are 66 books in the Bible.

No one complains of late shipments...in fact 50% of my feedback customers thank me for fast shipping.  I have no choice,  I may have to give up on eBay.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@lets_talk_kjb wrote: ....  I am dinged for late upload of tracking on nearly every item.  I ship within my 3 day processing time... The problem is Medford,  Oregon has shutdown their distribution center.  A package travels to Portland,  Oregon (the other end of the state!)...it does not receive its first scan until it reaches Portland...anywhere from 2 - 4 days....

Why not increase your handling time to 5 or even 7 days?  Then the Portland scan will be within your handling time.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply