cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Postal Rates Just Kicked In

I just printed a label and discovered the new 4 oz. and under rate now exceeds my standard flat rate by 7¢.   No worries since it all averages out unless the majority of my customers are on the east coast, Alaska or Hawaii.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: New Postal Rates Just Kicked In

My 1st class packages jumped .36 to .40 cents, not a killer but just started to notice when I combine orders, some totals are jumping into the $20-$30 range, have to decide about using padded envelopes to small boxes

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:

I just printed a label and discovered the new 4 oz. and under rate now exceeds my standard flat rate by 7¢.   No worries since it all averages out unless the majority of my customers are on the east coast, Alaska or Hawaii.

Alas, most of my customers are east coast and southeast.  I'm up in the upper left hand corner of the lower 48 and, despite California, our population density has more rabbits than people in some places.  I need to go into the carrot business.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think it depends on the label date you use.  I already had the new rate yesterday, when I used Monday's date for a label.  Which I think is weird, since I bought it on the 7th.  But today, I used todays date (the 8th) & got the old rates still.  If I changed the date to Monday, I got the higher rates.   Mine was a 20cent difference on FC. 

Though at midnight, that should make no difference anymore.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

I think it depends on the label date you use.  I already had the new rate yesterday, when I used Monday's date for a label.  Which I think is weird, since I bought it on the 7th.  But today, I used todays date (the 8th) & got the old rates still.  If I changed the date to Monday, I got the higher rates.   Mine was a 20cent difference on FC. 

Though at midnight, that should make no difference anymore.  

Nothing weird about it.    It isn't "forever" postage that you purchased.  Charge base upon when it will be used.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I thought the charge was based on the purchase date of the postage.   Maybe it's on either the purchase date or the use date.  Either way, my fault, as I hit enter too fast & paid the extra 20 cents unnecessarily.  Hope that's the worst thing that happens to me all week 😀 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm pretty sure that it used to be based only on purchase date.  Apparently that has changed.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply