cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems with USPS shipping?

Has anyone else been having problems with shipping on USPS recently?  I've been selling on eBay for years and never had any problems, now within the last two months I've had multiple issues with five packages getting miss routed and taking almost a month to get delivered.  I have two items I sent that I still don't have a clue where they are.  I have buyers contacting me wanting to know where their items are, and my local Post Office is no help.  I was told that when tracking shows "Arriving Late, in transit to next facility" it means the package was misrouted and it is a computer generated message, and you have to wait for it to get scanned again to find out where it is.  Had an item I ordered from South Carolina getting delivered to North Carolina, on track to get delivered in 3 days then I get the "Arriving late" message and a week later the package showed up at a sorting facility in Louisiana, then went through Washington D.C.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Anyone else having problems with USPS shipping?

Yes, strange things have been happening with USPS.  Here's an example.  A package sent to Providence RI was mis-directed from the sorting center and took a side trip to Foster RI, which is 20 miles outside of Providence, came back to the sorting center and finally got delivered a day late.  That's not so unusual or surprising.  But then three minutes after delivery it got a notification that it was undeliverable and RTS!!  I have been informed that there's a cannabis shop across the street from the 02904 sorting center.

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 11.12.18 AM.png

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes,  As a seller and a buyer I have issues with Ebay envelope and ground shipping.  As a seller all I can do is ask them to be patient... Ive only had one out of 60+ not show up and had ebay reimburse me because I use ebay shipping labels.

I am also getting dinged every now and then for items not shipped on time... If an auction ends before noon, I have it out the same day; if after, I have them out the next day. 

When I buy I understand,  I am waiting on some artwork i paid a few hundred for that is delayed in shipping.  Im a little **bleep**, but do not blame the seller,  I blame USPS.

I also notice when it hits certain "hubs" .. Kearney NJ - it is always delayed, unfortunetly most of what I send go through that hub..

Ebay itself needs to extend the expected by date, this is an easy solution on their part. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have open tracking where items are being "delivered" but not scanned as delivered...honest buyers.

I have a buyer who the USPS said buyer was "deceased"...but is alive and well.tracking..jpegDecease.JPG

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I've seen a huge decline in service in almost every area at USPS in the last 3 months - late deliveries, misrouted packages, lost packages, tracking mistakes, system errors and long waits by phone for customer service to say it takes up to a year for a missing mail search to process and there's nothing they can do to help. Something has gone terribly wrong.  I'm a small seller and had 44 items sold last month. I ship same or next day and in that time the late deliveries skyrocketed to 92%.  Ebay needs to increase the projected delivery date because that's too high a % for a business to maintain happy customers. I've had 2 packages lost and filed claims, I have 2 more that appear to also be lost. I have one going from AZ to PA that has been sitting in Alaska for over a week.  I have another going from AZ to OR (two states away) that was just scanned in at Puerto Rico distro center.  Another going from AZ to FL, that went to TN, and is now in New York.   I've never experienced anything like this in the years I've been selling on eBay, but this isn't a sustainable business model.  Losing 10-15% revenue to ebay scammers and now another 10-15% to mail loss isn't what I signed up for and it's a game changer for me. I'm hoping this will level out for USPS in the next few weeks, but if not, the time and effort to sell on eBay will no longer be worth it for us.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yep, have a package that literally vanished, just refunded the buyer. Package was never scanned…

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes, several.  (1) I am still waiting for an ebay order that was shipped to me (in NYC) on 4/22 from New Jersey. It has been moving from one USPS facility to another. It now supposed to arrive on 4/29.  (2) A mail-order prescription was just today rerouted from an NYC USPS facility back to the Jersey City USPS facility from whence it came.  (3) A package from Poshmark, shipped by the seller on 4/24, never received a tracking number and is M.I.A.

I will request UPS when I can.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I've had packages not being scanned with delays in movement and delivery.  Every PO has a help wanted sign hanging out front so it's as risky as going to a restaurant with a sign on the door for a cook.    Also being an election year does not help.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

USPS has some conflicts with workers who have been affected by some of the changes in the process.

Misroutings have been occurring more frequently for several years, and there are fewer paths for misrouted packages to travel other than back where they came, and then to the right route.

Ebay Standard Envelope is a flawed service for low priced items. It does not work well and probably never work well but some sellers have figured out how to pack for ESE and get better results than others.

There are major areas of chaos, where the routing hubs have been changed, and some closed in the interests of saving money. The equipment there works and has worked for years so the labor unhappiness is a likely cause. In some hubs there is equipment which used to be used two hours per day which is now used 20 hours per day. Obviously, some workers were reassigned to duties which were not as desirable.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I’m having to open multiple cases. Any item going to South Florida requires me to open a case before it ever arrives. Many packages are arriving just after or well after the expected delivery dates. The only salvation is that clothing sales on eBay just fell off the cliff. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply