cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I give myself a solution on my own thread?

How do you accept a "Solution" that you write on your own OP?
For instance the post "3 thousand dollar fake courier scam". The solution was the poster's comment. They have 7 posts and 1 solution for answering their own post.
Is that how the members here get so many solutions?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just enter another post to your thread and then select it as Solution.  

"Is that how the members here get so many solutions?"

????

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Just enter another post to your thread and then select it as Solution.  

"Is that how the members here get so many solutions?"

????

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

@max-list wrote:

For instance the post "3 thousand dollar fake courier scam". The solution was the poster's comment. They have 7 posts and 1 solution for answering their own post.

No not usually..

I have never given myself a solution.

The OP of a thread chooses the solution. Frankly I find it very strange when a person selects their own post as a solution.

Mentors will have a LOT of solutions as those questions are answered by just one person. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@max-list wrote:

Some members perhaps......usually goes like this

User posts a question

10 users answer the question

OP doesn't like the answers

OP calls those who answered idiots and shills for eBay

OP selects their own post as the solution

OP returns to their miserable cave but returns here to repeat the above a few months later.

As usual,  on eBay as in life  some people do the oddest things.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Typically when someone post something no one else will agree with they will just agree with their own post. I believe it makes them feel better.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I once accepted my answer as the "solution" to a post, as no one else provided a solution.

I was able to determine the fix, posted that, and chose it as the solution to basically provide resolution, and close out the thread to any future speculation as to what should be done, but that is a rare occurrence.

Not a common practice by regular posters on the community boards.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Is that how the members here get so many solutions?”

@max-list 

No. As someone with multiple solutions, i can assure you that selecting one’s own post is not a usual occurrence. I’ve seen a few posters occasionally do so, but long-time forum volunteers do not. Most users here have many solutions as a result of years-long efforts volunteering on the forum, and keeping abreast of the policy and procedural changes that eBay enacts multiple times a year. 

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Oh cool! I can get more solutions on my profile. It looks like I don't know anything about Ebay because I only have 1 after being on Ebay for 11 yrs. *sarcasm

Thanks all for letting me know!

p.s. To all the condescending posters: I know what you're going to say.... You don't. You've been buying & selling here long enough that you should know all this. You should have more solutions and answers after being here for this long.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Wut?  People just answered your question. That's all.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@slippinjimmy - A lot of what you said is 'spot-on.'   But... I'm a little insulted by the comment about "their miserable cave."

SOME of us live in our mom's basement.  Much easier to get free wi-fi.  

Try doing THAT in a cave!

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Seriously thought you were having a go at jimmy.......... I needed a laugh, so thanks for that (is that why my kid is still at home?)

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@max-list wrote:

No not usually..

I have never given myself a solution.

The OP of a thread chooses the solution. Frankly I find it very strange when a person selects their own post as a solution.

Mentors will have a LOT of solutions as those questions are answered by just one person. 

It is hard to get solutions, but this could be the loophole!  I mostly post in discussion threads where there is no clear answer.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@max-list wrote:

Oh cool! I can get more solutions on my profile. It looks like I don't know anything about Ebay because I only have 1 after being on Ebay for 11 yrs. *sarcasm

Thanks all for letting me know!

p.s. To all the condescending posters: I know what you're going to say.... You don't. You've been buying & selling here long enough that you should know all this. You should have more solutions and answers after being here for this long.

The number of solutions on a profile is not a measure of one’s value in the community. 

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I was being sarcastic. I believe everything you just said. I didn't mean to insult anyone.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

I realize that and thanked everyone. You're not that way at all, far from it. That was directed to the posters that I see answer other questions that way. I was trying to get ahead of them. But you're right, that had nothing to do with the answers I got and I shouldn't have said that. Sorry.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply