cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"one time payment" feature wont let you make partial weekly seller payments anymore?

no matter which link I take to make a "one time payment", it takes me to the screen where it wants to pay the complete added up total??....you cannot remove or change the numbers at all...it just wants to charge a complete total for invoice due, PLUS newly accrued selling fees???...I like paying my fees weekly with partial payments, like I have been for the last 10 years, so as not to have a HUGE bill at the beginning of each month...I heard about the bug, but its STILL BROKE...Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: "one time payment" feature wont let you make partial weekly seller payments anymore?

UPDATE>>> Ok, I could never get it to work...I tried numerous times....no way to change the amount...I just waited for payment to post automatically through paypal when due...it was only for amount due on invoice...so that was fine.

So, I just went in to try a "partial payment" again today....lol...They added a >>box<< with edit amount written above the box...but the NUMBERS STILL WONT CHANGE....BACKSPACE ON NUMBERS DOES NOT WORK...HIGHLIGHT & CUT DOES NOT WORK....I could add numbers tho, but the box would turn RED because of something being wrong in amount...only way it would work is to HIGHLIGHT & DELETE THE TOTAL....and then TYPE IN AMOUNT...IT ACTUALLY WORKED....FIX THE BOX, how hard can it be? 

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Re: "one time payment" feature wont let you make partial weekly seller payments anymore?

I just made a $5 payment a couple days ago, it worked just fine. I tried again today (but actually did not make the payment) and took screenshots. I use Firefox Quantum 68.0.1 64 bit, the latest version.

Select Paypal

https://i.gyazo.com/2820010ca7c5dafd7d4f6e540f4b5c16.png

Highlight the amount in the box, then press the delete key.

Type in the amount you want to pay, then click the payment button.

If you want to use your Paypal balance to pay, you now have to have a Paypal cash account, something new that was recently added. An announcement was made a few months ago about it, as well as emails sent from Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 32 of 34
latest reply

I am having the same issue as OP. I appreciate your screen shots, but that wasn’t helpful one bit. If I am on my mobile I can change the amount, but when I click PayPal it ends up loading forever then ends up on a blank screen. I have tried checking my payment choice first, that doesn’t work either.  If I go on my pc it won’t let me change the amount whatsoever. I can backspace or highlight and it doesn’t budge. 

Last time I tried to pay I had to try 20 times before it suddenly decided to cooperate, but that only worked on my mobile. 

I also pay my fees a little at a time. It is much more convenient for me to pay as I go. I have a LOT of monthly bills I juggle (just like everyone else) and it helps me to stretch it out over the month. 

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Plus I don’t like eBay taking anything automatically. I pay out of my PayPal cash balance long before they can charge my cc. My credit and bank accounts are shared with my husband. eBay is my personal side hustle and I don’t like money taken out of those accounts. I only have them on there because I have to in order to sell. I never pay any eBay fees with them. I prefer eBay keeps their hands off. I have done this for 17 years with no issue until now.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply