cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does NOTHING to protect sellers

Not going to get into details because frankly I’m tired of going back-and-forth with a eBay so I’m all out of gas.

I will be filing a class action lawsuit against eBay for failing to honor seller protection policies, and also failing to uphold the abusive buyer policies. eBay has practically stolen, countless amounts of money from honest sellers in the form of returns and return shipping labels because of dishonest buyers that they refuse to keep accountable because it’s easier for them. 

It seems that a lot of people on eBay have had numerous problems with eBay, not honoring the seller protection. It’s time that this comes to an end. 

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Let everyone know when your lawyer is looking for others to join the class action suit.

Lots will join you ,if you put the money upfront for the expenses.

Message 2 of 90
latest reply

You may find it problematic  to pursue any kind of class action, as every seller (unless he’s opted out) on eBay has agreed to binding arbitration in place of class actions. See the section entitled “Legal Disputes” in the eBay User Agreement.

Message 3 of 90
latest reply

I will be filing a class action lawsuit against eBay

No you won't. 

Message 4 of 90
latest reply

@fmpj8-45 wrote:

I will be filing a class action lawsuit against eBay for failing to honor seller protection policies

Just curious.

What policies are they failing to honor?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 90
latest reply

hope you do.  i've been scammed twice in as many months.  i'm done with ebay.  platform incentivizes thieves

Message 6 of 90
latest reply

Just pullin' up a chair... the entertainment is free (and it's Christmas, I'm broke).

Is this about feedback perchance?

Message 7 of 90
latest reply

If I had a nickel for every time someone said the were going to sue ebay ... I'd have about $19.00.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 8 of 90
latest reply

You may find it problematic  to pursue any kind of class action, as every seller (unless he’s opted out) on eBay has agreed to binding arbitration in place of class actions. See the section entitled “Legal Disputes” in the eBay User Agreement.

It's not all that difficult to file a lawsuit against eBay or any other person or entity. EBay has been subjected to quite a few class action lawsuits over the years and that "legal disputes" in the user agreement means nothing if it contractual agreements or is in violation of contract law. Some history

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/tag/ebay-lawsuit/ 

The litmus test is generally whether you can find a legal firm or lawyer that is willing to take or handle the case. Most will not take a case, especially if they work on a percentage, where they know the firm has no chance of winning. 

Message 9 of 90
latest reply

Ebay's Mother Ship is located in California, you know the state that allows smash and grab up to $950.00!!

Ebay is like the store security guard that stands out of the way for a thief while opening the exit door for them then trips the clerk chasing after them.

As far as getting support or any answers from the fellow Ebay comrades, just know resistance is futile and most have submissively joined the Ebay food line and thus becoming one with the Borg.

Ebay once had class, now it's just a Gladiator Arena.

They are probably still claiming to be a real auction site...

Message 10 of 90
latest reply

@ramseybella wrote:

resistance is futile and most have submissively joined the Ebay food line and thus becoming one with the Borg.

Why do you still have things listed?

Message 11 of 90
latest reply

I find that eBay has a system that you can only learn by having experienced returns over the course of years of selling. There are certain ways things must be handled. You also must follow up. They make decisions, then overturn those decisions on appeal. They expect sellers and buyers will just give up at a certain point. eBay has "filters" in place, but if you pursue your objective, there's usually a fair outcome. YMMV 

Message 12 of 90
latest reply

I feel you on this! I’m a buyer and a seller. My account was just suspended for good. I had zero issues with eBay for my selling practices. I reported a package not received. Less than 24 hrs later my funds was on hold and 200 listing was down. I got a message says eBay had done everything to touch bases with me over this. Total lie I have every message just sent. Only message I got was your funds are on hold show delivery and they would open my account back up. I was in the process of waiting on all package to be delivered and I got the next message say my selling account was closed. So I messaged about my package I never got and the next message I got said your selling account is suspended sorry. What do I do? I never got a 335.00 package I paid for but says it was delivered. So they shut down my selling account? I never had any problems with selling only buying? And I’m wrong? So I don’t get my money or package plus I can’t sell and all my funds are on hold to? Again I was buying a package and didn’t get it. Why take selling from me to? 

Message 13 of 90
latest reply

@jtptra-0 wrote:

I feel you on this! I’m a buyer and a seller. My account was just suspended for good. I had zero issues with eBay for my selling practices. I reported a package not received. Less than 24 hrs later my funds was on hold and 200 listing was down. I got a message says eBay had done everything to touch bases with me over this. Total lie I have every message just sent. Only message I got was your funds are on hold show delivery and they would open my account back up. I was in the process of waiting on all package to be delivered and I got the next message say my selling account was closed. So I messaged about my package I never got and the next message I got said your selling account is suspended sorry. What do I do? I never got a 335.00 package I paid for but says it was delivered. So they shut down my selling account? I never had any problems with selling only buying? And I’m wrong? So I don’t get my money or package plus I can’t sell and all my funds are on hold to? Again I was buying a package and didn’t get it. Why take selling from me to? 

2 revised feedback and 1 neg and 2 neutral.

LOL

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 14 of 90
latest reply

The OP is correct, ebay does not honor their seller protections as stated in their policies.

It states quote, "If eBay finds a buyer's behavior is abusive, we will take action on the buyer and remove negative and neutral feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics."

I have never once seen ebay ever remove defects from my service metrics after dealing with crooked buyers. Even in cases where they were thrown out and ebay removed their negative feedback, the defects still remained.

You also get defects from INR's despite shipping within your handling time, and ebay will not remove the defects associated with it. ebay decides what the estimated delivery dates are, and sellers have no say in this process. if the item arrives late for any reason, ebay will punish you.

Negative feedback is now held against sellers as well. Feedback is a matter of opinion, not a matter of fact.

The reality is sellers have no protections at all, as ebay refuses to honor their own policies as stated.

Message 15 of 90
latest reply