cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Customer Service Rep appears to have Manipulated a Chat Transcript

I've spent hours today trying to get answers from eBay about Payment holds.  After discovering they hide the 48-hour hold they place on your Payouts after you add a new debit card (I cover this in another post), I told the chat rep I was going to file a complaint against eBay.

The agent abruptly ended the chat.  The chat window read, "(Agent Name) has left the conversation".

When I received the chat transcript via email, at the bottom of the chat, it stated the chat had been ended by me.  A blatant lie.  The agent appears to have manipulated the chat to make it look like I was the one who ended it.  I of course have screenshots of the actual chat, showing it was him.

How does eBay have systems that allow its customer service reps to manipulate official records?

This is deeply disturbing to me.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay Customer Service Rep appears to have Manipulated a Chat Transcript

Until your recent sales, you havent sold anything in over a year. Ebay is treating you as a new seller, and will hold your funds for up to thirty days. They prefer that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs.Cant answer as to your chat transcript problems, Id say pick your battles,this one seems unimportant and nothing you can do about it anyway.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@thefisherqueen     You seem to have many issues today as you have posted multiple times. Perhaps spend some time reading the help section to better learn the policies? Then if you need clarification, ask a question here and one of the knowledgeable sellers can attempt to steer you in the right direction. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don't think eBay has a policy about their reps manipulating a chat transcript in their Help Section.  

🙂

But thank you for your reply.  I had hoped this forum was an open place for anyone to share their concerns—even about eBay's honesty and transparency‚ without being piled on and criticized.   We all know how forums work—first responders are usually monitors who are helping the company deflect criticism.  Not sure what value that kind of forum holds for the community.

I will refrain from posting anything negative in the future, and reach out if I need help identifying the value of a quilted doll.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You came here hoping to read what you wanted to read and did not get that. We tried. If you ask for help and get it and then refuse to value that help, then you are on your own. Good luck. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Your critique regarding this forum are inaccurate.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@thefisherqueen wrote:

I had hoped this forum was an open place for anyone to share their concerns—even about eBay's honesty and transparency‚ without being piled on and criticized. 

This is not an echo chamber. There are people who will disagree with your claims. That is what you will see in an open forum.

@thefisherqueen wrote:

We all know how forums work—first responders are usually monitors who are helping the company deflect criticism.

That is not correct.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Why would you file a complaint and to whom?  The site needs time to verify the information you gave them.  Is it your preference that they just accept it without verifying?

I have no experience with this happening on a Chat as you describe, nor have I read anywhere about it.  I am however sorry it happened to you and I appreciate why that is concerning.

With all that said, because of your time away from selling, you should know about this.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@thefisherqueen wrote:

I don't think eBay has a policy about their reps manipulating a chat transcript in their Help Section.  

🙂

But thank you for your reply.  I had hoped this forum was an open place for anyone to share their concerns—even about eBay's honesty and transparency‚ without being piled on and criticized.   We all know how forums work—first responders are usually monitors who are helping the company deflect criticism.  Not sure what value that kind of forum holds for the community.

I will refrain from posting anything negative in the future, and reach out if I need help identifying the value of a quilted doll.

Please prove that.  No "we all" do not know that as it simply isn't accurate.  FYI Ebay employees that post on a forum are boldly identified with the Ebay logo in the upper left side of their post and their entire post is outlined in blue, which is why they are often referred to as Blues.

I get it that you are not hearing what you want to hear.  I understand that.  However that does not make a conspiracy.  We are just trying to inform you as to why you are running into the problems you are running into.  That way you know what is happening.  However none of us can make you accept what we say, that is completely up to you.  However what I previously shared is likely what is happening on your account whether you agree with me or not.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 9
latest reply