cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a seller approves and refunds, I thought the buyer could then not leave feedback?

Am I wrong? 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

When a seller approves and refunds, I thought the buyer could then not leave feedback?

Yes as long as its honest and not personal they can leave feedback.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

On my previous account the feedback was always removed. Even if it was positive. Have you received the item back and completed the refund? 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@wheelworkzmurfreesboro wrote:

On my previous account the feedback was always removed. Even if it was positive. Have you received the item back and completed the refund? 

Yes, both item was received and refund completed. Feedback, although positive, starts out with 'didn't like item" and the rest was ok but I'd rather not have a feedback that says that. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

A positive feedback is a positive feedback, that will also get buried pretty quickly even if people do read the positives. 

I don't think it's too bad.  They said they didn't like the item (admitting it was their opinion) and then went on to give good comments about your customer service.  I'd consider that a selling point to your service even if a future buyer did read it.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@rosszonebricks wrote:

A positive feedback is a positive feedback, that will also get buried pretty quickly even if people do read the positives. 

I don't think it's too bad.  They said they didn't like the item (admitting it was their opinion) and then went on to give good comments about your customer service.  I'd consider that a selling point to your service even if a future buyer did read it.

The buyer actually sent an extortion filled message, expecting MUCH more than what was in the Title, Description and Pictures or 'else very damaging feedback will be left unless reparations are made'.

My response was 'You can return it within 30 days- but VERY CURIOUS how you could POSSIBLY think you were getting anything but what was stated/pictured?. 

I never got a response.

I 'reported' buyer for extortion, then added to BBL.

When I got the 10 pc Kit back, it was NOT protected, was bent, was damaged and more than half was garbage. I chose NOT to do the 'up to 50% thing' and just move on. 

The first words stating 'Did not like Item' is negative, regardless how the rest of the feedback reads. When a buyer 'clicks' on this item, the 'feedback' for JUST that item is shown. Sold 100's of these, but the most 'recent' feedback will be shown. Not helpful, that's for sure. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

It will be buried in a few weeks. As long as no response is left, no one will notice.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

It happens for canceled orders too which I was surprised about.

I had feedback removed from a person over the weekend who left a neutral for an item they canceled and then went and ordered from someone else. I honestly didn't care when they canceled, just added her to the best buddy list, but I was kind of irritated that they wrote by the negative, almost 2 months later - I DIDN"T order this item don't know why it's on here.

So I sent a message asking her why on earth she would leave feedback on an item that she canceled? I never heard from her. Then I asked ebay if it could be removed as it had nothing to do with the order since ebay could see that she herself canceled and then ordered a similar item from another seller. They removed it.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Am I wrong? 

I hope you are. It would suck if buyers could be repeated disappointed by a non-performing seller, without any feedback to give future buyers a clue that he may be unreliable.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

It will be buried in a few weeks. As long as no response is left, no one will notice.

read my last paragraph in post 6; it won't be 'buried' there for what could be months. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

read my last paragraph in post 6; it won't be 'buried' there for what could be months. 

If you have sold hundreds, you can sell one more with or without the feedback. 

Posting ID
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@wheelworkzmurfreesboro wrote:

Yes, both item was received and refund completed. Feedback, although positive, starts out with 'didn't like item" and the rest was ok but I'd rather not have a feedback that says that. 

All that feedback says is that the buyer (subjectively) didn't like the item and the seller (you) had excellent customer service in processing the return and it was a positive outcome. I don't see the problem.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Maybe she was getting constant reminders from eBay to leave feedback. Did not know better and thought Neutral was the 'correct' option. 

I had a seller cancel on me and I kept getting reminders. Was not inclinded to leave feedback good or bad (or neutral), as I saw it as a human error on the sellers part (had an item listed for 99 cents IIRC that I purchased). No history of bad feedback, so I was not going to be a jerk and taint it for a mistake, but as there was no transaction transaction, was not going to leave positive either. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@frankenhobbit wrote:

Maybe she was getting constant reminders from eBay to leave feedback. Did not know better and thought Neutral was the 'correct' option. 

I had a seller cancel on me and I kept getting reminders. Was not inclinded to leave feedback good or bad (or neutral), as I saw it as a human error on the sellers part (had an item listed for 99 cents IIRC that I purchased). No history of bad feedback, so I was not going to be a jerk and taint it for a mistake, but as there was no transaction transaction, was not going to leave positive either. 

It was a positive feedback.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

@lakefor94 

@luckythewinner 

When a buyer looks at that specific item, and they scroll down- they are ONLY shown the Feedback for THAT item.

The first 10 words are NOT beneficial to my business (and wouldn't be for ANYONE'S business).

(It's not about 'just looking' at my 'Total' Feedback or that it's "positive" (which it's not a positive remark at all, and I know, most wont' see it and the other half of 'most' don't read...)

The entire point of this thread was to simply ask...'CAN a buyer, who returns and has been MADE whole' still give feedback?

So, to fill in any seller that wants to know: the answer I got from FB reps was:

"Yes...they CAN leave up to 90 days even if returned and 100% refunded" (not 60.. which USED to be the case in a not-to-distant past) 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply