cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a seller approves and refunds, I thought the buyer could then not leave feedback?

Am I wrong? 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: When a seller approves and refunds, I thought the buyer could then not leave feedback?

I was trying to be reassuring that this apparently non-removable feedback says more about your good CS than anything else. I don't think the fact that this person didn't happen to like the item is any reflection on that item in general, nor will sway opinion. I realise that feedback about a certain item is now presented with the item - can't say I'm crazy about that, but I think it'll be fine.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: When a seller approves and refunds, I thought the buyer could then not leave feedback?

If it's a positive feedback, it's almost impossible to get it removed, as eBay doesn't have a help tool to remove positive feedbacks. I've heard of buyers leaving false positives to get around the issue that their feedback will be removed (but if the seller sells a lot, like I do, a positive will get buried in a couple of weeks, and as pointed out, no one reads the positives).

C.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

For what it's worth, I've had a positive feedback with a negative comment removed by ebay before.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

You have to be top rated and offer free returns - which you are not and do not do. So they can leave you negative feedback. Offer the free returns and you don't have to worry about negative feedback on a return that you refunded.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@mementomoria wrote:

You have to be top rated and offer free returns - which you are not and do not do. So they can leave you negative feedback. Offer the free returns and you don't have to worry about negative feedback on a return that you refunded.

I am Top Rated; just not Top Rated Plus (which would require 1 day shipping and I build to order)- the FREE RETURNS is NOT required for Top Rated or Top Rated Plus. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@inhawaii @sin-n-dex @chapeau-noir 

James- that's what I thought...but they wouldn't do it this time. In fact, I stated to the rep about the Feedback Extortion and that I reported it. Buyer said 'I thought I was getting a 10 piece kit. Very BAD feedback will be left unless I am reimbursed". Was told 'it's only extortion if they say 'give me a refund or I'll leave bad/neg feedback" (isn't that the same thing but the buyer just stated it in reverse??) 

sin-n-dex/chapeau-noir: Yes, I know it's Positive and

a.) most don't read

b.) helps the count

c.) most don't even see feedback etc. but like I stated:

When you click on THAT item, scroll down- the feedback shown is the 'latest' for 'just that item' and like I said, most read the first few words so it's really not helpful. Yes, I will go on and probably not ever know or have a 'bump' because of it...but if it now takes 6 months to sell another one of 'those'... I will always 'suspect' that feedback.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

You do not have to be top rated and offer free returns. You only have to not be below Standard and offer free returns.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

... So, to fill in any seller that wants to know: the answer I got from FB reps was:

"Yes...they CAN leave up to 90 days even if returned and 100% refunded" (not 60.. which USED to be the case in a not-to-distant past) 

That's because someone may get a refund and still feel the transaction was neutral or even negative.  The buyer was disappointed, maybe missed a deadline for a gift, lost out getting the same item at a favorable price from another seller, maybe can't find another one at all, whatever.  Getting a refund doesn't necessarily make everything copacetic, as far as the buyer is concerned.

I do understand your complaint, of course, because of the way the feedback appears with the item.

-

Message 23 of 23
latest reply