cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last 12 years have been fun, but its time to jump this sinking ship.

When you only sell two items a year, there's something wrong and I don't see it getting any better here.

Want to wish you all Good Luck, Happy Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas.

Have a great day.
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: The last 12 years have been fun, but its time to jump this sinking ship.

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@ckimodog wrote:

@kensgiftshop 

To our friend Ken...  You have always been so proactive and helpful on this forum.  I hope you'll continue to chime now and then.  I understand where you're coming from.  It hasn't been easy for a lot of us.  May God bless you and keep you safe.  

Much Aloha.  

Take care. 

I'll still be hanging out here.

Had us going there for a minute.

Best to you and yours this holiday season.

Posting ID
Message 31 of 70
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

It’s not sinking like the titanic but this has been a titanic year for people trying to pay their darn bills.

I feel sorry for the ones that depend on the money from Ebay sells.

Have a great day.
Message 32 of 70
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

They cant even get the price stable on the chicken thighs I buy at the discount store. One week 5.99, next week 10 bucks. If I get another bill raise on my electric, taxes , health insurance blah. Down I go with the titanic. LOL!

Our electric runs anywhere from $250 to $600 a month, but I here were going to cheaper bills next year.

Waiting on my property taxes now, which I'm hoping they are about the same as last few years, if not cheaper.

Our water was running around $115.00 a month, it gone up to almost $200 a month.

Hopefully next year will be better for everyone.

Have a great day.
Message 33 of 70
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Ken,  I'm very sorry to hear that.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

I hope you can remain on the boards.

You are an asset to this community.

I'll be around, nothing better to do to kill time.

Have a great day.
Message 34 of 70
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Best wishes for the holiday season. Knowing when its time to move on is one of the skills any business person needs.

The ship is not sinking but the cargo it is carrying changes from year to year.

There's definitely a hole in the bottom and filling up with water.

That may be - but according to your own feedback your primary products for sale were ground-up eggshells and rabbit poop. I am pretty sure that when people out there go looking for ground-up eggshells and rabbit poop Ebay is not their first thought for sourcing, nor are either of those products ideal for holiday gift-giving. You could probably widen your range of products and enjoy more success as a result. Good luck.

Yes, those 2 items were my best sellers here and have been for years.

As for gift giving, you'd be surprised how many people bought for giving as gifts.

I've received messages from members that received them as a gift and wanted to know if I had anymore.

As far as a wider range of items, I did, but when you only get 0 or 3 views a month, there's something wrong somewhere.

When no one is able to find your items, the chance of selling anything is pretty slim

When I post items that I know will sell, buyers find them quickly and purchase. No problem finding them. Presented and priced correctly, they never last more than a couple or three weeks and they are mostly all gone. The rest sell as well.

Next week or the week after, I will pick up a full pickup truck load of items. Filled to the top of my truck topper. Most with multiple quantities. 

If I get say, ~50 listings out of the load, there might be ~10 that are considerably disreable. Over 2 weeks or so, many of those will sell. Buyers have no problem finding them. The rest will sell as well.

The other 40 could be slower movers and some might end up as long tail and some of those might never sell. Buyers could find them if they are looking for them. The key is the product itself, presentation, the seller account and of course, the price.

If 50 or 500 sellers have the same product, that is an obvious problem. Good luck with that.

If the items are not very desirable, well, we all have to face that fact, it's going to be a long road to travel.

Buyers have no issue whatsoever finding the good stuff.....

Posting ID
Message 35 of 70
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

They cant even get the price stable on the chicken thighs I buy at the discount store. One week 5.99, next week 10 bucks. If I get another bill raise on my electric, taxes , health insurance blah. Down I go with the titanic. LOL!

Our electric runs anywhere from $250 to $600 a month, but I here were going to cheaper bills next year.

Waiting on my property taxes now, which I'm hoping they are about the same as last few years, if not cheaper.

Our water was running around $115.00 a month, it gone up to almost $200 a month.

Hopefully next year will be better for everyone.

If any of your utilities offer a budget plan, get on it. We're on one for most of ours, and it's great to know exactly what we will be paying each month. You build up a credit balance during times of low demand, and use it during periods of peak demand (e.g. high electric usage in Summer; high gas usage in Winter). Your monthly payment is generally adjusted once a year based on the past 12 months' performance. Easy peasy.

Message 36 of 70
latest reply

You are blessed with 12 years of memories of having had fun to carry into your future, which you will always have with you.

Message 37 of 70
latest reply

@lakefor94 

Same to you friend.  😃eat ham.jpg

Message 38 of 70
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Go after the millionaires, billionaires & corporations that don't pay their fair share instead of the guy trying make five-ten bucks!

Some argue that millionaires, billionaires & corporations exercise too much influence for that to happen.

Message 39 of 70
latest reply

No buyers.  Soon no sellers. 

Message 40 of 70
latest reply

They influence EVERY aspect of our lives.

Message 41 of 70
latest reply

Yes. We depend a lot on the sales on here. We also invest in the product so we can ship this stuff out super fast, ready to go, no middle man, offer the product at least 30 percent less than other websites, and it has been chugging along ok, but it could be so much better if people had the extra cash right now to buy more. 

Message 42 of 70
latest reply

It scares me to think what these families do when they have many children to feed, they have to work, have to pay for day care AND pay the rest of the bills. Rent is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Prices to buy a hone still WAY up there. 

Message 43 of 70
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

LOL  Flooded with sellers making sales?  It is already flooded with sellers who cannot make sales.  😛  Go after the millionaires, billionaires & corporations that don't pay their fair share instead of the guy trying make five-ten bucks!

More money is paid out in the form of benefits and tax income credits, then billionaires avoid taxes. If you were honestly concerned about who is paying taxes, you would end these programs. Those "rich"
 people you rail about, actually pay the BULK of tax revenues. 

Message 44 of 70
latest reply

Yea, Same for me. After 20 years of Fee's that KEEP Going up, I've had enough. Cancelled all my listings and waiting on the last item sold (at 13.25 persent and charged for taxes incurred) to be delivered before I can end this Problem. Other sites don't charge near as much and some NONE! ie- Racing junk, craigslist, etc.  So it may be a place to buy, Just not a Place for me to sell cheap for someone and then be gouged by ebay.  ASTA LA Vista Selling on Ebay.  I'm Done here!

Message 45 of 70
latest reply