cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to list magazines

I have list 4 Gent magazines and 3 were booted off for the adult policy.  1 had a fully clothed ladies body on the and the other 2 I had only showed the name of the magazine.  I did the list simalar as others have listed and sold theres. I followed the same catagories as the sold ones. How do I get these listed in the proper catagory so they dont get booted off and how are others being able to sell theres and mine gets booted. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Trying to list magazines

@jmblanck 

Those sellers have just not been caught...yet.  You can always report them yourself.  eBay is a big site and sometimes it's just not that easy to catch everyone who is breaking the rules.  My suggestion is not to relist them as it can jeopardize your account.  

Happy Holidays!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Trying to list magazines

@jmblanck ,

Here is eBay prohibited adult items policy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/adult-items-policy?id=4278

Gent magazines are prohibited because of the content. It doesn't matter what the cover shows. I see you relisted it again showing just a partial picture of the cover. I would remove it before eBay does or someone reports it to eBay. There are plenty of parents that don't want their kids seeing adult items on the sight. Would you want your kids or grand kids to see the stuff? Keep relisting items removed is one of the best ways to get your account shut down by eBay permanently with absolutely NO way of getting it reopened.

You will NOT be able to open another account if you have one closed by eBay.  

The reason why you see others is because it takes awhile for eBay to get to every prohibited item.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Trying to list magazines

US rules are less restrictive. Seller's magazines do not appear to be prohibited.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/adult-items-policy?id=4278

The following items are allowed only under the conditions outlined below:

• Adult magazines, books and comics that contain nudity are allowed only if they don't contain sexual activity and if no images of nudity are showing in the listing
    • Some examples of this include Bear (magazine), Blue (magazine), Butt (magazine), Gayletter, Mayfair, On Our Backs, Penthouse, Playboy, Playgirl, and Playguy. This isn't an exhaustive list of magazines, books and comics we allow. Any adult magazine or comic that doesn't contain sexually explicit content can be listed following the guidelines in this policy
Message 4 of 4
latest reply