cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging posts

Has anyone else noticed you can no longer tag posts? I noticed this when I looked to tag a thread as old. 

This must be something new. 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Tagging posts

@ebooksdiva wrote:

I’m on Windows 10 PC Edge and Firefox and on IPad with Safari 

Can’t see tags or create a tag. 
Maybe I’m in tag jail 🤷🏻‍♀️

Perhaps try going to "My settings" and click on "Tagging" to see if something inadvertently got "checked/unchecked"

tagging.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 25 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Tagging posts

@ebooksdiva 

I just did on yours, 😆

The old post was probably caught by the mods and was closed for comments, just guessing.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

If you did I’m not seeing it. 
IMG_1163.png

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

Silly question, but what exactly does tagging a message do for it? Same silly question with 'Signatures'?

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

@ebooksdiva 

I just tagged your post and all is well.  

Happy Holidays

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

When I come across a thread that’s old I’ll tag it as old. 
I don’t see the tagging option in Edge, Firefox or Safari.

I don’t even see that others have tagged this post. 
Maybe the moderators put me in tag jail ..lol 

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

@ckimodog 

You may have tagged it but I’m not seeing it. Odd. 

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

Tag, you're it.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

@ebooksdiva 

I tagged Happy Holidays to you! You're right this is odd.  Another glitch, geez...God bless us and help us everyone.  lol. 

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Silly question, but what exactly does tagging a message do for it? Same silly question with 'Signatures'?

@ebooksdiva 

Again... what is the purpose of 'tagging' and 'siggy lines'? I've read of them, but don't know  of them. 🤔

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

Maybe the OP does not have the ability to 'tag' their own thread?? 

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

@mtgraves7984 

along with flagging a thread as "old" with a tag it is often useful to note when a poster is "international" where some of the common responses my not apply

siggy lines.................  I don't see them.  I have my preferences set to not see them. 

siggy lines can be confusing for some new community help seekers  They read the siggy not knowing that it is on every post that someone makes, and sometimes they think it is a "direct response" to them and are offended.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

I tagged my own to see if it would appear for me.  It does. Windows 10 .    Edge browser. On a PC

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I tagged my own to see if it would appear for me.  It does. Windows 10 .    Edge browser. On a PC

@buyselljack2016 

I tried to tag stuff into your post. Can you see them?

I still don't get it... but I'll think on it. 😊

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Tagging posts

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

along with flagging a thread as "old" with a tag it is often useful to note when a poster is "international" where some of the common responses my not apply

siggy lines.................  I don't see them.  I have my preferences set to not see them. 

siggy lines can be confusing for some new community help seekers  They read the siggy not knowing that it is on every post that someone makes, and sometimes they think it is a "direct response" to them and are offended.

I had a person on another thread get all upset about my signature line.  Asked why I was calling them backwards!  The line used to be more delineated with something between the post and signature, like this ~~~~~.  Another person commented that they liked Depeche Mode too.

I still don't understand why tagging is useful.  It was a good question by @mtgraves7984 as I have wondered that myself.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 32
latest reply